My QNAP Emby installation won't identify, library scans won't complete

dlyric

dlyric

I've read many support topics all recommending that I replace the library.db file, the only problem is I don't have sufficient access to rename or delete the file using winSCP. I'm completely stuck.

dlyric

I'm not sure, this just started this week. The only change in my system was a change in routers. Since that change, identification doesn't work, it never saves new images or any metadata at all. This particular library scan has been running since yesterday evening. Is it possible to use an external scraper to fix my metadata in the interim?

emby scan.png

embyserver.txt

dlyric

I've even tried to re-install, but the problem persists. The server isn't able to bring in data, I can't open the plugin catalog. I can't search/ identify titles or download any metadata. 

gillmacca01

Are you able to play any content scanned in?

Could your router be blocking Emby?

dlyric

I made sure to open the required ports via port forwarding, everything plays. I can access via emby connect, it seems like switching to my asus router being my main router only gave minimal hiccups. I am a fios user, and the fios router was choking emby to death. The last year or so has seen my network performance really bottom out, last weekend I hit rock bottom when a direct play stream of Avatar wouldn't play without pausing. Since changing to the Asus router, network performance is good. I can play large files without issue, but now scraping metadata doesn't work at all.

10 hours ago, dlyric said:

I made sure to open the required ports via port forwarding, everything plays. I can access via emby connect, it seems like switching to my asus router being my main router only gave minimal hiccups. I am a fios user, and the fios router was choking emby to death. The last year or so has seen my network performance really bottom out, last weekend I hit rock bottom when a direct play stream of Avatar wouldn't play without pausing. Since changing to the Asus router, network performance is good. I can play large files without issue, but now scraping metadata doesn't work at all.

Hi, do you have something blocking the server from sending outgoing requests? That's what it appears like. Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or VPN. Can you look into this?

dlyric
55 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, do you have something blocking the server from sending outgoing requests? That's what it appears like. Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or VPN. Can you look into this?

I will check through router settings to make sure there isn't another security feature causing an issue.

dlyric

I checked through the Asus security settings, found it's firewall settings and totally disabled them to see if it would help. There is still no change. I've reinstalled, restarted, made an unknown number of queries on google... I am out of ideas.

dlyric

I found the problem! It wasn't Emby being blocked, it was the entire QNAP Nas having an invalid IP configuration on the primary network adapter. It was sending all outbound requests to a dead end.... The static IP I used previously was a relic from the Verizon router.

• Thanks 1