Audio and Subtitle name edit?

Jam_Lai

Jam_Lai

Could it be able to use custom name instead of the default english audio and subtitle name?

thank you very much

emby.jpg

Happy2Play

You sort of have that option if your tracks are named and you change from Friendly track name to preferred embedded title.

App settings-Library, Advanced tab "Embedded track title display:" setting

Jam_Lai

dear happy2play,

really thanks, i just changed and check, it's better but it still display english name + custom name, can I remove the english name as in chinese, we have seperate the yue, simplifed chinese, traditional chinese.... in HK, we are using Yue...but I found that even I changed to yue in language in mkvtoolnix..it still showed simplifed chinese..

visproduction

Two letter Chinese is zh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639_macrolanguage
Three letter Chinese is:

zho is the ISO 639-3 language code for Chinese. Its ISO 639-1 code is zh. There are sixteen individual language codes assigned, most of which are not actually languages but rather groups of Sinitic languages distinguished by isoglosses:

I use MP4Box in Windows to change language info in each .mp4 file.  This will update the listing in each media page.  This script will change all .mp4 languages in a folder and all subfolders, so one click on the batch file could update thousands of videos.

Changing undetermined to the language, I just name each file like this:
und2zh.bat 
(und change to Chinese zh)
I don't think mp4box will handle the three letter code, but you can try.  It's nice having these .bat files that work.  You just copy the one you want into any folder and click on it. 

for /R %%f in (*.mp4) do "C:\Program Files\GPAC\MP4Box.exe" -lang 2=zh "%%f"
echo completed
pause

The most used change, for another example, would be changing und to English.
und2en.bat

for /R %%f in (*.mp4) do "C:\Program Files\GPAC\MP4Box.exe" -lang 2=en "%%f"
echo completed
pause

Hope that helps.

Jam_Lai

Thank you for your reply, visproduction. What I mean is could it be able to show the Embedded title without the language code, as I can custom the name of the audio/subtitle.