Episode Count Green circle too large

acutsumbis
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

acutsumbis

Seamingly out of nowhere, my roku TV client has started to display the green circle incorrectly.  Server is update to date, and roku client app has had no issues.  Reinstalled the roku app, have restarted the server multiple times.  Web browser clients render the pages with no issue.  I don't have the ability to check with other clients.

Server: 4.7.11.0 on win10 x64

Roku client: current based on Roku app info

PXL_20230406_122458964.MP.jpg

PXL_20230406_122506749.jpg

Hi.  Your Roku must've just updated its firmware.  We can get an update out to correct this.  Thanks.

Hi. Yes, new Roku firmware is rolling out that has this issue.  We have a fix in beta and will get it out to the store as soon as we can.

Thanks.

jott0204

Just adding my name to the list of people experiencing this issue. Patiently waiting for the fixed firmware!

Happy2Play

What firmware version is showing this issue?

Was checking this last night and still don't see this issue.  And a forced update still hasn't changed/updated firmware.

acutsumbis
4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

What firmware version is showing this issue?

Was checking this last night and still don't see this issue.  And a forced update still hasn't changed/updated firmware.

Philips TV Model : 50PFL4864/F7

Hardware ID: 7430X

Software Version: 12.0.0  Build 4168-99

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Good to know expected issues coming with new firmware as I am still on 11.5.

Supported Roku devices receiving Roku OS 12:

• Roku streaming players and Streambars – 9102X, 9101X, 9100X, 4802X, 4801X, 4800X, 4670X, 4662X, 4661X, 4660X, 4640X, 4630X, 4620X, 4230X, 4210X, 4200X, 3960X, 3941X, 3941X2, 3940X, 3940X2, 3932X, 3931X, 3930X, 3921X, 3920X, 3910X, 3900X, 3821X, 3821X2, 3820X, 3820X2, 3811X, 3810X, 3800X, 3710X, 3700X, 3600X.
  • Roku TV – All Roku TV models are expected to receive Roku OS 12.

Yeah, it is a Roku 12.0 problem.  Unfortunately, Roku doesn't work on weekends or US holidays so it will be next week before they push our update out.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, richt said:

Has this update been released?  I'm still seeing the problem.

Hi, it’s coming, thanks.

Hi.  Roku is telling us it should go out tomorrow (Tue) afternoon.  They say they have a high volume of work right now for some reason.

Gilgamesh_48
52 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Roku is telling us it should go out tomorrow (Tue) afternoon.  They say they have a high volume of work right now for some reason.

It is mostly "work" they have made for themselves. Since they abandoned anything close to true beta testing their "releases" they have had to "fix" many problems they introduced to their users Rokus. It seems the wanted and want a beta test base of their entire user com unity.

Early on Roku designed and built the most user friendly and versatile streamer in the market place and it has taken time, a lot of time, to get the Roku to fall back to the rest of the crowd.
For a LONG time my streaming usage was 95% Roku and the other 5% was spread among 4 or 5 other streaming platforms.
But that has been changing. Many functions are now just as good on other platforms and a couple, like playback of recorded shows, are a LOT better on my Fire TV or my Shield TV.

I have changed, over the last few months, my usage ratio to be about 65-70% Roku and 25-30% Fire TV and the remainder on other devices.

I do wonder if Emby can fix recorded playback on the Roku or if what we have is truly the best it can be, and therefore Roku's fault. (I believe that is the case) I have, as you know, reported the problem to Emby in the beta testing but I find it kind of strange that it is only media recorded by Emby or CH DVR that has the little playback glitches.
I first reported the problem as occurring during delayed playback of in progress recordings but I have since found that there are little playback glitches on any locally recorded media.

I still will use the Emby system for most of my viewing but I now switch to my Fire whenever I watch locally recorded shows or even just live TV.

Oops... I guess I got a bit off topic and a bit wordy. I will continue what I want to say in the Roku beta thread, sorry.

• Solution

Hi.  The update has been published.  Everyone should get it overnight.

Thanks.

• Like 2