Theme Songs & Videos - Config to not store them in the media folder

MarcelSb

MarcelSb

My suggestion is related to this: Emby Theme Songs & Videos

It'd be great if it would be possible to store them somewhere separately, possible in the same location, where the thumbnails, subtitles etc. are already stored.

Reasons basically are, that I really don't want to mess up my media folder and that I'd rather not have the hard drives spin up each time I hover over a video, as the thumbnails are being stored separately on a faster SSD.

I've recently bought the paid plugins, and it's unfortunate to see that they're useless for me, because of a feature that has fallen back over the years.

• Agree 2

MarcelSb
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Pretty sure this would fall under a preemptive cache for what you want even though these are currently not part of caching.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57696-preemptively-cache-images

The topic of that link is actually already possible by just using bind volumes with Docker, with which it's possible to basically separate the emby data and the media into different folders on the host system, which is what I am already doing. All I need is to move the theme songs & videos into the data folder of Emby. This is nothing new, there are actually already a bunch of toggles for e.g. subtitles, thumbnails etc. within the library settings. I just want another toggle for the theme songs & videos. Thus, my request doesn't specifically target a huge caching system, as I don't want to store them in the media folder in the first place.

Edited by MarcelSb