Hiding a back button and "Discover Emby"

JGale
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Hey all, immensely grateful to this forum, you guys have so many great answers. I have 2 things I'm trying to do, if you could weigh in.

1) Hide the 'Back' button on the manual login page.

2) Hide the "Discover Emby Premiere" section of the home screen. I'm already using .btnHeaderPremiere { display: none !important; },  however the section still appears sometimes, especially when first loading the home page. It's always gone the second time it's loaded though, maybe that's a bug?

I've attached screenshots, and am open to ideas.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 7.37.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 4.09.11 PM.png

• Solution
Happy2Play

1. if you have reapplied page ids then "#yourpageid button.headerBackButton {display: none;}", if not then you end up removing all back buttons.

2. it is its own section so "div.section-appinfo {display: none;}"

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, JGale said:

I haven't messed with the code too much, can you elaborate on where to find/set page id?

How did you apply the image to the login screen?

Happy2Play

Sorry this is actually in skinheader which is scripted so I don't see a way to target the button only on that page.  Believe something in appheader.js would have to be changed.

Happy2Play

Don't know scripting but with some trial and error looks like adding this to the appheader.js will remove back button from login/manuallogin pages.

Script is beautified to better see.

function (detail) {
            !1 === (detail = detail.backButton) || !_approuter.default.canGoBack() || hasPhysicalBackButton && !0 !== detail && !_layoutmanager.default.tv ? headerBackButton.classList.add("hide") : !supportsFullscreenMediaQueries || !0 === detail || _layoutmanager.default.tv ? headerBackButton.classList.remove("headerBackButton-showfullscreen", "hide") : (headerBackButton.classList.add("headerBackButton-showfullscreen"), headerBackButton.classList.remove("hide")) || !1 !== userSignedIn ? headerBackButton.classList.remove("hide") : headerBackButton.classList.add("hide")
        }

Note modifying any file in \system\dashboard-ui will require updating with every server update.  Also, good to have a backup of the original file in case something goes wrong.

image.thumb.png.ca79692b96ebdf1f6d43f979bee43b4b.png

Does not apply to change user as a user is logged in.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...