Folder browser annoying behavior

Rapha

Hi!

When using the LG App (1.0.37):

If I'm inside a folder, that is inside a folder, with various items (+500, mainly other folders).

│ ROOT FOLDER
│   │ FOLDER WITH LOTS OF ITEMS
│   
├── FOLDER A
│   ├── FOLDER B
│   ├── FOLDER C
│   ├── [...] (enough folders to have scroll)
│   ├── CURRENT FOLDER

If I access a video inside the CURRENT FOLDER, when I go back to "FOLDER WITH LOTS OF ITEMS", the scroll view goes back to the top, and it's kind of annoying.

Is this a limitation of LG Apps that is already known, or it's maybe a fixable thing? I mean, it would be totally understandable being a platform problem, like it forgetting the exact scroll point after opening a video because the "view" (or whatever it's called in this specific platform?) of the folder is unloaded from memory and doesn't save its state or some idiosyncrasy like that. It doesn't happen if I don't open a video, it retains the current scroll position perfectly.

Thank you for your attention!

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.39 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

• 2 weeks later...

hi @Raphacan you please show screenshot examples of what you mean? We haven't been able to reproduce. Thanks !

11 hours ago, Luke said:

hi @Raphacan you please show screenshot examples of what you mean? We haven't been able to reproduce. Thanks !

Hi!

Imagine a File Explorer on your usual operational system.

Image you have a folder with 500 folders inside it, imagine you enter this folder, you open a file inside it, and when you close the file and go back to the initial folder, the file explorer put you back to the start of the 500 folder list. But this only happens when you open a file, if you enter the folder and go back right away, the file explorer keeps the position. This is the situation. The Emby app for LG TVs is forgetting the position it was in the parent folder when a video is opened in the current folder. I don't think a screenshot would explain it well?!?

The best I can suggest is, create enough folders there is listing on a folder, let's suppose 100. Put a video inside folder 45.
> Start the Server, map the folder with 100 folders to a library.
> Open the Emby App on LG
> Go to the folder with 100 folders
> Scroll down to 45
> Enter it
> Go back, see that you are still on the scroll position you was, with 45 selected.
> Enter the folder 45 again
> Open the video
> Close the video
> Go back to the parent folder, you will now be at the top of the list, with folder 1 selected.

This being said... I only use Emby on LG, so I never tried other clients, but out of curiosity, I just tried with the Android Client, and the behavior is the same, the Web App, the behavior is the same. So it isn't an exclusive behavior of the LG App, I don't know how the inner works are, but, is it the app obligation to keep the folder position or is it the server? Maybe the server isn't keeping track of it and the app is just following what the server rules, OR it's a bug that is shared between platforms.

• 2 weeks later...