Roku Express 3710x no longer connects to server

LTist
Go to solution Solved by LTist,

My Roku Express, which previously worked well, will not connect to my server. I was away for a few days so I turned off my server. When I returned I fired everything up and now the Roku will not connect.

Everything is on the same network. I've tried removing and reinstalling the Emby app and the server on the Emby app.

The server works through the web interface on my phone and computer, as waell on a roku express 4K in another room.

Any help would be appreciated

sorry for the short and vague answer earlier. not feeling well today.

I have always manually connected to my server previously. When that would not connect and only give a could not connect time out error. I set up Emby connect.

Using Emby Connect; after I select my server, I only get a circling icon.

I forgot to say That I'm running my server on a Linux Mint 20.3 system.

The exact error that I'm getting states:

We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. please ensure it is running and try again.

Timeout waiting for a response from the server.

OK. For whats it"s worth: I had a new Roku Express 4K that I set up.This solved my problem. Not sure if the older Roku Express reached EOL or an update caused the problem.

@LTistYou can factory reset your Roku Express 3710X and it will work again with the Emby app for Roku. This will clear the Roku registry entirely and start you like a fresh unit.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Wi-Fi-connectivity/My-3710x-suddenly-will-no-longer-connect-to-the-wifi/td-p/792330

Unfortunately the Roku can get into a corrupt state for the registry when there are unfavorable network conditions. This will affect the application you were using at that time or it may affect them all. Sometimes it wipes your network settings within the Roku and the entire WiFi connection no longer works.

The 3710X can only use 2.4Ghz WiFi. It also has interference if placed closed to your television. That is why I suggest you factory reset the unit and you can probably recover it completely. That will reset all your apps. You will have to enter the network information to connect to WiFi again. The Roku should recover itself and install Emby again and all your apps again automatically once you attach your Roku account to it. That is all there is to it. Once you run each app again for the first time of course you will need to re-enter all your information again.

Edited by speechles

I actually tried a factory reset. That didn’t help in my case. Will have to try again to verify but I bought the Express 4K to upgrade this particular Roku about a year ago and never changed it out. Thanks for the input.