Issues Running Emby on QuTS Hero

jprobins007

jprobins007

My new QNAP NAS (TVS-h674) came with QutTSHero like most higher end Qnap boxes do now. And I came upon a 2021 thread in which one person had problems using Emby on QuTS Hero and someone did not. At that time, it was stated QuTS Hero was not supported by Emby. So, has anything changed in the 2 years sine. Is Emby on QuTSHero now supported?  Is there now any more knowledge/experience as to whether running Emby on QuTSHero works, doesn't work, causes issues, etc.?

Ikario

I haven't tried installing Emby on QuTS Hero natively in a while.  Last time I tried it wouldn't appear or install from the App Center, however you could install it easily using the command line. Other than having to use the command line to install it (it's just two very simple commands) it worked perfectly without issues.  I have been running it using docker for a long while now so I haven't tried the latest releases.

jprobins007

Just wanted to follow up with my experience. I installed Emby on my QuTS Hero box via the App Center manual install, after allowing installation of apps without signatures, just the same as on QTS.  It has worked just fine so far.  No hiccups at all.  It is all pretty much identical to my Emby experience on QTS.

• Thanks 1