How to autostart emby android app?

Dictador

Dictador

I have a simple question. How to autostart emby android app on a tv-box?

What I want to achieve is to have a standalone setup with emby server, emby android app, both installed on a tv-box (A95X F2 in this case) with an HDD connected to it as a media storage and a stereo amplifier connected to the tv-box. And I want to be able to play music without the need to connect any sort of TV or monitor to the box. I want to be able to autostart emby serve and app, connect to it with a mobile phone with emby app installed and control the setup from it, search for files, play music, etc... Without a tv connected to the tv-box.

Emby server on android has an option in settings that allows the server to autostart on android reboot, but I do not see that option in android app. With only the emby server running on the tv-box I am unable to connect with my phone to emby server. There must also be emby android app started on the tv-box. I know of apps such as "launch on boot" but they do not seem to be able to start emby. "launch on boot" for some reason can start only system applications on my tv-box but not any of user installed apps. Anyway, it is still silly that emby server app has autostart option and emby android app does not.

Hi, there’s no setting in Emby for Android for this but might be able to find an auto start app to launch it on startup.

GrimReaper
7 hours ago, Dictador said:

With only the emby server running on the tv-box I am unable to connect with my phone to emby server. There must also be emby android app started on the tv-box.

I'm more curious about this than auto-starting client app. Why are you under the impression that client app needs to also be started in addition to server app, as those two are completely unrelated apps? 

• Agree 1

Dictador
16 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

I'm more curious about this than auto-starting client app. Why are you under the impression that client app needs to also be started in addition to server app, as those two are completely unrelated apps? 

Well, I was not able to get it to work without starting the app on tv-box.

Scenario looks like that: emby server running on tv-box and only the server.I cannot connect to the box with my phone running the emby app. And I cannot play the videos on the tv connected to the tv-box. I have to start the emby app on tv box and then my phone with emby app connects to the tv-box and I am able to play the video on the tv.

Dictador

I know that the server has an autostart option. The app doesn't, however. The app on the other hand does not have an exit button. There is no way to exit the emby android app.

17 hours ago, Dictador said:

I know that the server has an autostart option. The app doesn't, however. The app on the other hand does not have an exit button. There is no way to exit the emby android app.

Well you can back out of it.