Webhook for Telegram notification

atropa

atropa

Hello. Could someone provide a step by step guide on how to create webhooks in Emby? I'm completely new to this and have no idea how to do this. I want to create a webhook for adding new media. It should be like in tautulli where you send the poster, the description and the links to Telegram. Telegram is already ready because I used it for Tautulli. But how does it work with Emby? Do you need something like IFTTT ? Or what else is necessary ?

greetings

Edited by atropa

• 6 months later...
akramaster
On 3/29/2023 at 2:00 PM, atropa said:

Hello. Could someone provide a step by step guide on how to create webhooks in Emby? I'm completely new to this and have no idea how to do this. I want to create a webhook for adding new media. It should be like in tautulli where you send the poster, the description and the links to Telegram. Telegram is already ready because I used it for Tautulli. But how does it work with Emby? Do you need something like IFTTT ? Or what else is necessary ?

greetings

I want the same. did you get it finally?

26 minutes ago, akramaster said:

I want the same. did you get it finally?

Hi, did you try creating a webhook in Emby server?

5 hours ago, akramaster said:

hi, not yet. is there any info about how to doit? i have emby server 4.7

In the server menu just go to the webhooks section and click add webhook.

14 minutes ago, akramaster said:

ok. I try to add " new media added", but what i have to fill in the "url"?? is there any instructions for dummies....??

That would be the telgram url if you are intending to send it to telegram. I don't know a whole lot about telegram so I can't tell you what that is.

Webhooks is an advanced feature for advanced users. It sounds to be like you're better off using the dedicated Telegram plugin.

• 1 month later...
jdazzle44

I created a python script that does exactly this. You can find it on github if you're interested.

Example of a movie and series below

image.thumb.png.31d4706a726aaa6d458fbac11e1b3d71.pngimage.thumb.png.fbd59a04e5b863e9eb9aaf0c84f265e6.png

Edited by jdazzle44
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
emLmSx
On 25.02.2024 at 19:52, akramaster said:

Привет, jdazzle44,

Ваш скрипт все еще работает? У меня есть сервер Emby  версии  4.8.1.0 . не могли бы вы мне помочь, пожалуйста

Тоже самое, вот уже Version 4.8.3.0

• 2 weeks later...
Robert87354
On 5/12/2023 at 19:16, jdazzle44 said:

Creé un script en Python que hace exactamente esto. Puedes encontrarlo en  github  si estás interesado.

Ejemplo de película y serie a continuación

imagen.pulgar.png.31d4706a726aaa6d458fbac11e1b3d71.pngimagen.pulgar.png.fbd59a04e5b863e9eb9aaf0c84f265e6.png

Muchas gracias, funciona genial!
Thank you very much, it works great!
20.png.38cf9bb68bb10271aaf779dfa187c7ad.png

Dicken

It would be cool if someone could explain how to install Phyton Script on a Synology NAS.

Dicken
19 hours ago, jaycedk said:

Thanks, I've already been there. 😛 But I've now installed it as Docker Compose and it's running.👍

@jdazzle44Is it somehow possible that you can choose whether the plot is sent along or not and that, for example, "New Movie Added" is also displayed in a different language? Probably not, right?

Robert87354
On 4/19/2024 at 1:53 PM, Dicken said:

Thanks, I've already been there. 😛 But I've now installed it as Docker Compose and it's running.👍

@jdazzle44Is it somehow possible that you can choose whether the plot is sent along or not and that, for example, "New Movie Added" is also displayed in a different language? Probably not, right?

English 
You can edit app.py and put it in the desired language, for example I have set it to Spanish, by the way, in emby 4.8.4.0 it no longer works, it does not send notifications.

Español
Puedes editar app.py y ponerlo en el idioma deseado, yo por ejemplo lo he puesto en Castellano, por cierto, en emby 4.8.4.0 no funciona, no envía las notificaciones.

40.png.6dfecf20e6603594fd7f9f95f3470181.png

Dicken
7 hours ago, Robert87354 said:

English 
You can edit app.py and put it in the desired language

Ah cool, but I have little idea and I'm glad I got it running on my Synology NAS via Docker Compose. Can you possibly tell me which line I need to add to the compose file to mount the installation into a folder? That I can edit the file?

Dicken
12 hours ago, Dicken said:

Ah cool, but I have little idea and I'm glad I got it running on my Synology NAS via Docker Compose. Can you possibly tell me which line I need to add to the compose file to mount the installation into a folder? That I can edit the file?

I did it. :)

volumes:
      - /volume1/docker/embytelegram/app.py:/app/app.py:rw

Dicken
On 4/20/2024 at 5:13 PM, Robert87354 said:

by the way, in emby 4.8.4.0 it no longer works, it does not send notifications.

I have the same Problem, but I think I might have found the problem. If I'm right, it has nothing to do with the Emby version. I replied in the issue on Github.

https://github.com/Fahmula/emby-telegram-notifier/issues/16

@Robert87354Just for fun, take a look at what the runtime looks like for your film on TMDB and how long it actually is in your film file.

Robert87354

Thanks @Dickens

In my case the problem seems to be in this movie "Ninja Assassin 2009". It just so happened that I updated Emby and the first movie to post after the update was this one.

Spanish -> En mi caso el problema parece estar en esta película "Ninja Assassin 2009".  Se dio la casualidad que actualicé Emby y, la primera película en publicar después de la actualización fue esta.