Playback problems on local network.

KevinHomeNas

KevinHomeNas

Hello, since the beginning i have problems with 4k playback and even slow and bad quality with 720p and 1080p.

i upgraded to emby Emby Premiere becuz i thought it would be better. i have a synology DS916+ and it takes 100% cpu even when i close down the movie. i have to restart emby completely and when i restart a movie its the same problem again. i can watch 4 seconds and then it stutters 10 seconds.

I know it is an emby problem becuz if i play on my tv directly with the DS video app that has nothing to do with emby i get no problems great image even 4k files.

i messed in the settings like hardware transcoding on or off, cpu threats used, quality settings, HDR off,...  after reading some topics but nothing helps.. been searching for more then a month now. please help.

Happy2Play

Would need to see server and ffmpeg logs if present for specific examples.

Are you saying the TV direct plays the same media via DS video app?

KevinHomeNas

hello, thank you for the reply.

Yes it does. when i download a file with DS get it goes in a folder that a created on a seperated harddrive. 

here you have the log files. i dont know why there a no older one. maybe becuz i did lates updates.

embyserver-63815385599.txt embyserver-63815475600.txt embyserver-63815561999.txt embyserver-63815648400.txt embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

One issue is you have a problem pointing to /volume1 with access as it would appear to be seeing system files.  Would avoid point to that parent level.  All logs spammed with this.

2023-03-26 00:14:10.817 Error ProviderManager: Error validating children for volume1 557 /volume1
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.8.0
	Command line: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 3.10.108 (root@build4) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42962 SMP Tue Oct 18 15:05:36 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/@database/pgsql.old.1662644023' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
	   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean clearCache)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.Resolvers.Movies.MovieResolver.ResolveVideos[T](IEnumerable`1 fileSystemEntries, Folder parent, IDirectoryService directoryService, Boolean supportMultiEditions, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Boolean parseName, Boolean enforceIgnore, Boolean checkSubFolders)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.Resolvers.Movies.MovieResolver.FindMovie[T](FileSystemMetadata[] fileSystemEntries, Folder parent, IDirectoryService directoryService, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Boolean supportsMultiVersion, Boolean parseName)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.Resolvers.Movies.MovieResolver.ResolveVideos[T](IEnumerable`1 fileSystemEntries, Folder parent, IDirectoryService directoryService, Boolean supportMultiEditions, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Boolean parseName, Boolean enforceIgnore, Boolean checkSubFolders)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.Resolvers.Movies.MovieResolver.ResolveMultiple(Folder parent, List`1 files, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ResolvePaths(FileSystemMetadata[] files, IDirectoryService directoryService, Folder parent, LibraryOptions libraryOptions)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.RefreshItem(BaseItem item, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

Note you are on an old server version also as the package center takes forever to update.

Are you sure about Local playback as the log looks like a remote connections.

2023-03-25 17:47:11.866 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 15234447, max bitrate: 5387200
2023-03-25 17:47:11.866 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 15234447, max bitrate: 5387200
2023-03-25 17:47:11.878 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 15234447, max bitrate: 5387200
2023-03-25 17:47:11.878 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 15234447, max bitrate: 5387200
2023-03-25 17:47:11.889 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 15234447, max bitrate: 5387200
2023-03-25 17:47:11.889 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 15234447, max bitrate: 5387200

TranscodeReasons=ContainerBitrateExceedsLimit,DirectPlay

But specific media example server and corresponding ffmpeg log are needed.

KevinHomeNas

- volume 1? I thought my media was on volume 2. Or are you talking about my emby server that is running on volume1? Any easy fix?

-server version emby? It says that i am running the latest version in emby server settings.

- when i play media with the sonoligy ds video app on tv no issues yes. Emby i am connected on local network yes. Xbox. Phone app. Directlt on tv. Android tv. Tried it all..

How many Emby libraries have you created, and what folder paths are added to each one?

KevinHomeNas

Just a Volume2/movies and colections folder. 

1 user

also got live tv with a M3u link added.

subtitles with opensubitles..

do you need any print screen of anything?

Getting crazy here xD

KevinHomeNas

ive find something: when i playing for example avatar now 2160p 32gb file. no problems. subtitles OFF.

i put subtitles original english ON. even after restart. i can't start it playing keep loading and stuttering!

KevinHomeNas

ive find something: when i playing for example avatar now 2160p 32gb file. no problems. subtitles OFF.

i put subtitles original english ON. even after restart. i can't start it playing keep loading and stuttering!

Movie elvis with xbox emby app: plays fine 20 seconds. and the freeze.. nothing anymore

KevinHomeNas
2 hours ago, KevinHomeNas said:

Just a Volume2/movies and colections folder. 

1 user

also got live tv with a M3u link added.

subtitles with opensubitles..

do you need any print screen of anything?

Getting crazy here xD

HI, yes please show a screenshot of your emby library setup. Thanks.

KevinHomeNas

I just downloaded emby client on a fat16 USB and installed it directly on my samsung tv... THIS WORKS!! for the moment i dont have problems now. on the xbox and google tv and android tv it stutters... especially when i put subtitles ON. this is directly on samsung tv no issue. When i cast from phone to TV its als stuttering.. 

emby libary.png

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

Unsure where it comes from then.

2023-03-30 11:53:05.154 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume2/Movies
2023-03-30 11:53:06.343 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume1

Will be hard to troubleshoot old server versions where issue could have been resolved in newer versions.

• 3 weeks later...
WallLicker

My Server is also on a NAS I'm having issues with stuttering with everything also. I've narrowed it down to being related to the IPTV causing my issue. Does it stutter when you don't IPTV set up on your server? I'm wondering if we have the same issue.

KevinHomeNas

Hellow. Still having the problems. Even it automaticly stops playing after 35seconds somethimes without stuttering. Can it be codec related or something?

WallLicker
28 minutes ago, KevinHomeNas said:

I can try delete iptv? ( didnt pay this month so its not active but still there )

Completely your call if you wish to try it. I'm just throwing a Idea out there that's all. Yours and my issue could be completely different or could be the same. My issue is not resolved yet either but it might help narrow it down to what is causing the issues by cutting it out of the equation. 

On 4/17/2023 at 12:52 PM, KevinHomeNas said:

Ok thanks for the reply. I will try it tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

KevinHomeNas

No iptv anymore.. didnt had the time to try again. It doesnt stutter anymore but after 3-4 minuts watching, somethimes less it depends size of the movie i think. It starts loading and and i have to restart the movie again.

WallLicker
20 hours ago, KevinHomeNas said:

No iptv anymore.. didnt had the time to try again. It doesnt stutter anymore but after 3-4 minuts watching, somethimes less it depends size of the movie i think. It starts loading and and i have to restart the movie again.

Did you remove the plugins? or did you just clear the web links? I think something is using up your system resources like a plug in or or it could be your network connection possibly.

KevinHomeNas

Why would i use emby if i cannot have any plugin? We watch with opensubtitles.. if i knew about all this i wouldnt have payed lifetime premier.. money trown away.. it has been months.. is there not somebody of emby that can go into my settings and help me??? What is the line for belgium support??? Getting crazy!

WallLicker

I'm in the same boat as you. I was hoping trying to narrow down the cause behind the your issue might give some light on how to resolve this. I had to install a second server on my laptop for IPTV and bounce between servers to have stability. I'm still waiting for a response with my post also and I have offered remote login access for someone to poke around on my server and see and have not had a response. I feel you my friend. 

KevinHomeNas
49 minutes ago, WallLicker said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I was hoping trying to narrow down the cause behind the your issue might give some light on how to resolve this. I had to install a second server on my laptop for IPTV and bounce between servers to have stability. I'm still waiting for a response with my post also and I have offered remote login access for someone to poke around on my server and see and have not had a response. I feel you my friend. 

Thanks! Seconde server on laptop? Thats noy handy.. for my opinion the 916+ synology have to be enough. There free application ds video is working like a charm! Only there layout sucks. So i took emby. Then i payed for it. ( to be sure i get everything out of it and have a good support ) but yeah..  half year later