Got my self a lifetime licence on Emby Premier

Maximus Naxsus

Maximus Naxsus

Hello All,

I've bought myself a lifetime licence 🙂
I'm posting this message with the intention to convert others, share my experience with a licenced Emby server and show that I can do more then complain.

A big thank you to all the devs and volunteers! 

Maximus Naxsus

Edited by Maximus Naxsus
More typo's
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maximus Naxsus

Okay, first post was in the wrong section.. However so far the experience has been smooth!
Thanks for moving the topic @GrimReaper

I'll continue to intermittently update this post.

My utopia is to create a fail over cluster with Emby :')
A next step seemed to be to explorer all Emby's functionality, including the LADP support. The setup seems to be similar to the PfSense firewall. 

[Emby Experience after Premiere upgrade]

230328 - Emby version 4.7.11.0

-  Bought the key with PayPal, got the key with 1 minute in my mailbox, activation was instant..
..and now I have a gold coin in my Emby Dashboard. So far the most unexpected experience, I have read about anywhere :')

- Planned to check for 'Premium Emby apps'. I cannot find them.
Likely cause, interface change since a recent server update or, because I have Emby Premiere the warning that I need Emby Premiere for set plugin, is gone

- User settings > Display
Emby Premiere options clearly marked as such and active, explains why the interface turned back suddenly 🙂

- Convert & Download options
    > I was slightly hoping I could now download full shows from a browser, this is not possible
    > With Emby Premiere you can download full shows to other devices A very powerful feature
           A progress indicator appears in the home page of the dashboard , no other information is displayed.
            I expected to find more information under the 'conversions' (conversions > conversions) section of the server dashboard, I was converting something (to 25 Mbps). Nothing mentioned.
            Tested the settings in the next tab (conversions > settings) to check what it might effect. The option 'Enable full speed conversion' does seem to affect the download conversion option. It maxed out the VM's assigned resources nicely. It did not so (barely noticeable progress of earlier mentioned progress bar and barely noticeable usage of system resources.

- Emby Theater 
Installation was smooth, no server setup (might have done the setup before). 
App options seem very limited or I have not found them yet

[To Do]

Q.: Do conversion and/or downloads continue after a server restart? yes/no in what scenario's

> Give Emby Theater (for Windows) another go. DONE.   Find external player option

Edited by Maximus Naxsus
add more words