Playlist feature for Movies and TV shows

GoldenSpider
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

GoldenSpider

I know theres been a playlist feature already Requested for Music. but It would be great if we could have a playlist feature for movies and TV as well and have it keep track of where you were in the playlist. Kinda like an editable "Watch next" or "next up" feature that you see in Youtube or Spotify etc

For instance when you have for instance the Pokemon Anime, which has both movies and TV shows, often times with the movies being random Smack dab in the middle of the season. currently I have to creatively edit the title of the episode in my folders to have emby think the movie is "Season 2 episode 34 part 2" so that it will play after episode 34 but before episode 35 and without breaking the metadata. but if I could just have it in my Movies folder where it belongs (since its a movie) and create a playlist telling it to play episode 34 and then play the movie, then go to episode 35. that would be great

Edited by GoldenSpider

• Solution
GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, GoldenSpider said:

but if I could just have it in my Movies folder where it belongs (since its a movie) and create a playlist telling it to play episode 34 and then play the movie, then go to episode 35. that would be great

I'm not really sure what you're asking here, as playlist with video items is perfectly possible (and had been for a long time) already, add episode(s)>add movie(s)>add episode(s) and they will play in that order - or rearrange playlist afterwards as desired. Don't understand what do you have to "creatively rename". 

The only thing lacking is actual progress within the playlist, for which you can lend your support here:

Edit: Another option for your scenario is to create strm file pointing to your movie as a Special for your TV show and ensure playback placement via its metadata. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

• 2 weeks later...
GoldenSpider
On 3/27/2023 at 8:30 PM, GrimReaper said:

I'm not really sure what you're asking here, as playlist with video items is perfectly possible (and had been for a long time) already, add episode(s)>add movie(s)>add episode(s) and they will play in that order - or rearrange playlist afterwards as desired. Don't understand what do you have to "creatively rename". 

The only thing lacking is actual progress within the playlist, for which you can lend your support here:

Edit: Another option for your scenario is to create strm file pointing to your movie as a Special for your TV show and ensure playback placement via its metadata. 

How do you actually create a playlist? there doesn't seem to be any overt option for doing so.

GoldenSpider
Just now, GoldenSpider said:

How do you actually create a playlist? there doesn't seem to be any overt option for doing so.

Nevermind I'm an idiot and must've been overlooking it thanks