Why is metadata sometimes having years and sometimes doesn't?

danergo
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

danergo

I had this in my metadata manager:

image.png.67165f09e739bfbb426f5fe66c7caa07.png

Then I manually added year to "Godfather of Harlem", and then I asked Emby to regenerate everything for this library.

And then it removed the year from "Godfather of Harlem" (which I added manually).

Where can I control these metadata formattings?

GrimReaper

Those are official titles obtained from providers; Year in title usually denotes there exists an item with the same title (typical for reboots) hence its there for distinction, but sometimes they're just aliases/alternate names. 

14 minutes ago, danergo said:

Then I manually added year to "Godfather of Harlem", and then I asked Emby to regenerate everything for this library.

You shouldn't refresh metadata unless you've locked title (or any other metadata field you don't want changed). 

• Like 1

danergo
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

You shouldn't refresh metadata unless you've locked title (or any other metadata field you don't want changed). 

By "refresh" here, you mean "edit"?

Thank you!

GrimReaper

In Edit Metadata dialog you can either lock an item or lock number of fields separately in order to preserve customization. Click icon on the right end of Title field. 

Edited by GrimReaper

danergo

Thanks.

Can you do me a favor?

I removed all customization and refreshed all metadata (without images).

Now, there is a serie "Dark": https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/70523-dark, which gets its title without the year (OK)

And there is another one "Handmaid's tale": https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/69478-the-handmaid-s-tale which get its title WITH the year (OK?)

Only the "Handmaid's tail" is getting year after it's title, and I haven't locked or edited that title.

Can you verify if the moviedb is indeed adding year for this series, while for other ("Dark") it's not?

Thank you!

danergo

But I think now it's okay.

Unfortunately it's still getting the 2017 added at the end.

Edited by danergo

• Solution
GrimReaper

Because your top preferred provider is TVDB (which includes year as there's original series from 1990). Move TMDB as top preferred Series provider and re-Identify item or remove year from the title yourself. 

• Like 1