Stream not working on specific android TV

DiegoM779

DiegoM779

Hi guys,

I just tried the Emby trial period and I was sold. I bought a lifetime sub since I wanted to playback some Dolby Vision files. I used VLC on android TV before, but it can't deal with DV files (purple/green screen). And there it was, some reddit post lead me to the mighty application called emby. 

Setting everything up was not a problem at all. Everything worked fine. I switched up the video quality to 1000mbit due to the playback of 4k 60fps movies. 

However, I stumbled upon a very strange problem. I wanted to watch House of the Dragon and every episode freezes when I skip through the video file on my Android TV, a Sony KD-55AG9 running android 9. Every other movie/series plays just fine except this specific folder containing this series. What makes this more strange is that I do not have any playback issues with other devices for these files, such as my Pixel 6a and my ChromeCast 4k with Android TV. Playback on PC is also fine.

On my Sony TV, the video plays but I can't skip the intro or jump 10 seconds further. Literally doing anything else than starting from the beginning of the episodes makes the episode freeze. In the dashboard in Emby it shows that it is playing but jumps back after a few seconds to the point at where the episode is stuck. I downloaded the Emby app through the Play Store. 

I attached 2 dashboard files for reference. I hope someone could help me out.

Cheers!

Emby ss.png

DiegoM779

Hi, sorry for taking so long. I tried and I still have the same problem. TV does not play but my phone does. 

image.png.a45bf3d812c922b6d43f7a4fae37557d.png