Scraper ID does not update or I don't know how

BiTeTHeBiGG
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

BiTeTHeBiGG

Hi, I have a logical question.

I'm setting up in PHP a sync tool for the watched status (play count, resume) and other stuff between emby db and a kodi mysql db.

On mapping the episodes of a series I noticed, that both dbs have different tvdb id set.

As emby db is wrong (the id does not exist anymore on tvdb) I'm trying to update them by scanning library, updating metadatas on series level, season level and even on episode level (here only metadata possible) without success as the wrong tvdb is still there.

I even tried to identify the show again. On one series this worked on the other still not.

I have meanwhile a huge library with more then 1200 series (anime, tvshows, documentary, in different main languages, etc.) and for me it is not an option to delete the library and scrape all over again, as I also will loose the watched status I'm trying to line up between the two systems.

So 😅 which sould be the right procedure to make emby update that tvdb record? Please do not ask for logs as I'm firstly only interested to know if it is even possible or not.

EDIT: I know I could do it manually but it would take weeks to complete on all hundrids of invalid ids and I unlikly would extend my tool to do that.

Best regards

Edited by BiTeTHeBiGG

Happy2Play

I can only guess a change via provider to cause something like this.

Once an id is gotten don't believe there is an easy way to change it.  Only way would be Identify (but new metadata would have to exist to replace all already gotten metadata fields) or removing media, ensure no existing metadata/nfo files existed, then readd media.

BiTeTHeBiGG

Hi Happy2Play,

yes, there was a change on tvdb like many other also. So emby is not able to update the episode and season id even if the series id is the right one. Even identifying is not correcting allways the fields. There should be at least a possibility to remove the series on the db without deleteing or removing from disk so just a rescrape would readd it (much more less work).

This is some kind of frustrating as renaming or movig the whole series is a too big work as this will happen again on tvdb 😉. So I think I will extend my tool to sync also the episode ids.

Thank you for your time and best regards.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Basically you need this feature request, you can show your support here.

As there is truly no way to completely null an existing database entry and completely identify it as something else besides removal/readd or renaming.