Android Server 4.7.11.0 - Scan Media Library Scheduled Task Didn't Run

mrchristiecdn
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

mrchristiecdn

Hi :)

Been using Emby Android Server for quite a while now and there have been no issues :)

My Father just emailed me and said nothing new was appearing, so I checked the Scheduled Tasks and it said Scan Media Library hasn't been run for a little over 6 days.

The Trigger I have for Scan Media Library at the time was Run Every 15 Minutes with a Time Limit of 1 Hour.

Normally, if I go into and run the task manually once afterwards, it seems to fix the issue, until it randomly happens again.

It's happened again, so I thought I'd best give you guys the details and see if the logs can show why it's doing it :)

Right now, I've changed the Scan Media Library Trigger to run upon every startup and for every 15 minutes and I didn't set a time limit for each.

I'm including a couple of logs from that period, as I didn't write down the exact 6 days and however many minutes/hours it was last run.

I added the dates to the end of the file names for the and included the order of the log files.

This is a separate question: I noticed in Notifications that I can be notified if a Scan Media Library or other tasks fails, does this cover if I tasks stops running/doesn't run when it's supposed to? If not, would it be possible to implement?

Like getting sent a notification if a task is supposed to run at an allotted time, but doesn't etc. This will help greatly in the future if it happens again :)

Thanks for your guys' time and patience :)

embyserver-63815026752 - March 20th - 3rd.txt embyserver-63814940348 - March 20th - 2nd.txt embyserver-63801547435 - March 20th - 1st.txt embyserver-63814867203 - March 19th.txt

mrchristiecdn

Again, if I manually run the Scan Media Library task once after it stops running automatically, it seems to fix it and the scheduled task runs when it should.

At least until something happens and it stops all of a sudden again.

mrchristiecdn

Thanks Luke & Team :)

This log should include when I ran the scan manually to jump start the automatic scans again from the scheduled scan.

I also just noticed something in Logs section and I don't know what it means. I've attached a screenshot. At the bottom of the screenshot, it goes from a hardware detection log with a date of 10/16/2022 to an emby server log with a date of march 16th 2023.

But there is no log in between those dates (even though the emby server was working as intended).

I think I did go up to my Dad's place and update to the latest stable version at the time (4.7.11.0) on March 16th. But I'm not 100% sure that was the date.

I won't post anymore logs unless told to. (and I've downloaded all the logs in the screenshot in case they're revolving and you guys want to see an earlier one).

chrome_zI40dU7bs1.png

embyserver-63815458771 - March 26 - Manual Scan to Start Scheduled Scan Running Again.txt

Edited by mrchristiecdn
Included March 16th date 6th line of text
  • Thanks 1

mrchristiecdn

Oh. I currently remote in to my Dad's Emby Server (Nvidia Shield TV Pro with a portable hard drive I upload stuff to) as an Admin user (his account isn't Admin and he isn't tech savvy to say the least).

But if you guys could have an option to reboot the Emby Server remotely in the Manage Server Interface (maybe where the power button is to shutdown the server), that would be an awesome addition for me.

There have been times where the Emby Server becomes unresponsive/the Emby Clients don't show the Categories on the server anymore (not sure if it's the Nvidia Shield TV Pro causing an issue or not), but when it happens, I have to phone my Dad and walk him through leaving his Emby Client App and opening the Emby Server App and selecting Stop Server and then starting the server again. (I'm using the Emby Server for Android and his client on the Nvidia Shield TV Pro is also the Emby for Android (not Emby for Android TV).

Thank you guys for your time and efforts with everything. Emby is a great app that I'm happy to pay for :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...