Viewing issue on Android TV

KLF&TLF

KLF&TLF

Hi all, I have a really unusual problem that is only occurring on 1 TV.

My house has a multiple TVs and therefore we Emby Android App to watch on the Smart TV's. Then the third TV I use Apple TV as my media playback. 

So this is my problem, today I tried to play Law & Order SVU S24E13 on a Smart TV and it wouldn't play it basically just went to a blank screen. I tried on all other devices I view Emby on and did not have an issue. I then tried a different episode and it played. Yesterday I had the same problem but this time with 3 different movies and only on the one TV. 

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

KLF&TLF

I will upload the logs in a few hours I’ve had a medical emergency here and things have gone haywire. 

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
KLF&TLF

Yes but it is not consistent. It seems to be random tv series and I’ve even tried new files for the episode. 
Because the Android TVs are used by my parents it’s not a major concern because they only watch infrequently. It works perfectly on all my Apple devices. In another location and it works perfectly on their Apple devices where the android tvs are. 
i even tried with another relative who lives 400kms away with her Android TV which is the model below my parents and hers did the same thing so the issue seems to be Android related. 
if you want to close it off happy for you to do so as well 

coffeehead
On 4/7/2023 at 6:39 PM, KLF&TLF said:

Yes but it is not consistent. It seems to be random tv series and I’ve even tried new files for the episode. 
Because the Android TVs are used by my parents it’s not a major concern because they only watch infrequently. It works perfectly on all my Apple devices. In another location and it works perfectly on their Apple devices where the android tvs are. 
i even tried with another relative who lives 400kms away with her Android TV which is the model below my parents and hers did the same thing so the issue seems to be Android related. 
if you want to close it off happy for you to do so as well 

any chance its a google TV? i have a issue with some codeac . For me it works fine on  Android TV get same show wont work on the google tv 

13 hours ago, KLF&TLF said:

Thought of that but to a Google TVs and the other is a Roku TV 

So now instead of just one TV it is multiple and even multiple platforms?

KLF&TLF

yes, when we first experienced the problem only one TV as we only watched on one TV. Family circumstances changed and now we have 3 different android TV's that watch Emby and the stupid thing is I cannot find another series it occurs on. That is why I am happy for you to move it to the low priority shelf or even the too hard basket. We found a work around for the end of the show.

On 4/16/2023 at 8:11 PM, KLF&TLF said:

yes, when we first experienced the problem only one TV as we only watched on one TV. Family circumstances changed and now we have 3 different android TV's that watch Emby and the stupid thing is I cannot find another series it occurs on. That is why I am happy for you to move it to the low priority shelf or even the too hard basket. We found a work around for the end of the show.

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.