Library Scan hangs at 91.7%

austinchief
Go to solution Solved by kikinjo,

austinchief

After re-installing/upgrading to Centos Stream 9 (complete wipe and re-install) and re-installing Emby Server, my library scans are hanging at 91.7%.

A forced library scan of Movie or TV Shows will complete, but doesn't properly identify new movies or shows.   They appear in the library "unidentified".    

As new episodes/quality (ie 4k vs 1080p) are added to a properly identified movie or series, they are found and added properly, but again, only after being manually identified.

Logfile attached.    In the logs, it looks like ffprobe is failing ... do I need to install a different version of ffmpeg?   Or what could be the problem here?

ffprobe version 5.0.0-emby_2022_05_27-u1 Copyright (c) 2007-2022 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC
built with gcc 8.3.0 (crosstool-NG 1.24.0)
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x1221840] moov atom not found
file:/mnt/Metallica/video/Movies/T/Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)/Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) - 1080p.mp4: Invalid data found when processing input

embyserver_austinchief.txt

austinchief

Update ... now when I run library scan on TV Shows ... it seems to hang at 91%, although I'm only observing status visually on the library page (green status circle over library)

kikinjo

Try to remove metallica file..and restart scan. Also look in log whats happening in realtime.

use sudo less +F /var/lib/emby/logs/embyserver.txt     (for example on ubuntu)

austinchief
2 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

Try to remove metallica file..and restart scan. Also look in log whats happening in realtime.

What metallica file are you referring to?   Metallica is the name of my NAS where all the media is stored. 

austinchief

Another data point ... while the scan "hangs" ... my CPU utilization bounces between 110-125% with only ~3% memory utilization.

kikinjo

yeah i ment file Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)/Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) - 1080p.mp4: Invalid data found when processing input

austinchief
1 hour ago, kikinjo said:

yeah i ment file Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)/Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) - 1080p.mp4: Invalid data found when processing input

Whoop!!!   You da man!!!    While I'm not sure it was actually the mp4 being bad ... I removed all the metadata collateral files withing the directory as well, and now it is running smooth like butter!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
kikinjo

Yeah there is an error in log that you posted, i suspect that file is bad / incomplete or something....and emby scan stuck on it.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
axlns

I have similar problem that scan hangs at 91.9% and it doesnt move further. I tried to reboot server, allowed it several days to finish, but no luck. Also I dont see anything related in server log I believe. But I see that emby server doing something because it keep using my CPU at around 30% for days.

Could you help me diagnose the problem and hopefully fix it. I'm attaching my server log file.

embyserverlogs.zip

Edited by axlns

axlns
20 hours ago, axlns said:

I have similar problem that scan hangs at 91.9% and it doesnt move further...

update: I was able to diagnose the problem, one of the movies I have caused it to hang, I tried to scan that movie with latest version of BDInfo and it showed the same symptoms, it just stuck at "scan your folder" stage. so I decided to delete that movie from my library, and then everything worked just fine... would be good if emby would skip such problematic movie when its doing scanning