Password issues with Emby Connect after resetting password LOTS

pryan75
Go to solution Solved by pwhodges,

pryan75

Hi - I am constantly getting the below error using Emby Connect when trying to connect Emby apps on my mobile (iOS), Apple TV,  Samsung TV, iPad and even when trying to sign in to Emby website when using Google Chrome.  

image.png.3f881437eaf26459c000cd1aedefe9d8.png

I have attempted  both the username as per below, and the email account that is connected to it as the username as well.

I have changed the password multiple times through my Server - and I get the 'Password Saved' confirmation each time I do (have changed half a dozen times successfully), but I still cannot sign in at all when using the new password/s.  I have waited 30 mins, 1 hr, 24 hrs etc. after changing a password as well, just to make sure there was any issues with delay in any information being updated.

image.png.c4b4f767ea20ba89176ef36f9ec59db6.png

I can get around this by manually entering in the WAN http address normally, but that is annoyingly painful to do when I should be able to just use Emby Connect.

Anyone able to help with this at all? I've also tried doing some of the other things listed in other forums too,  including deleting files in program file folders ... but again, I can successfully reset my password so there is something else going on with the account.

Can anyone assist with this?

Hello pryan75,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi,

I unlock your account, please make sure about the correct password for your account.

pryan75

It won't let me as it's the original for the account I think .... I (think, but unsure if I have) I unassociated the email address with the account ... I also just created a second account and associated the email address with the new account, giving full access etc. and still no luck...

image.png.9e825fc12552c11864d6030b24d5300e.png

image.png.6eb04fcd4e7084242669eb4da037f4ae.png

image.png.458d8f085a92b7624f8df074e4aebef0.png

• Solution
pwhodges

You talk about problems with Emby Connect, but are changing the password for the user on your server. 

Your Emby Connect credentials are those you use when accessing the forum.

Your server user is separate - but can be linked to Connect (in case of problems it is often useful to remove that linkage and re-establish it - as you have done).  But when using Connect you continue to use your Connect/Forum password, not the one you are changing in your server.

You need to be clear which set of credentials to use at which login screen.

Paul

• Agree 1

pryan75

Now that was helpful!!!! ... ok logged out of community, did the forgot my password and reset it, logged in to the community then logged in to emby.media site using that password and shit it worked!  I didn't realise that at some stage I had set a different password for the two of them!

Issue Solved!

• Thanks 1