I have NO idea what to do

thepastor
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

thepastor

I have just downloaded Emby from the Apple App Store. I signed up. Then I. am taken to a page called, Select Server. I selected Add Server, which took me to the page included in the attachment. I have absolutely NO idea what to do from there. 

I am only interested in finding movies, series, documentaries and live tv to watch. My device on which Emby is downloaded is: MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 

Apple M1.

Thanks very much for your help!

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 22.08.26.png

• Solution
GrimReaper

I'd guess you misunderstood what Emby is:

Emby is NOT a media streaming service. We provide no content. Emby is a Personal Media Server platform. You must have your own server installed and your own media (or Live TV tuner). 

arrbee99

Emby is actually for playing your own media, not for finding it.

So you'd have your own copies of films or programs or music on a computer and you'd have the Emby server accessing that media and serving it to you on your Apple device, using the Apple app you downloaded above (or Android, or xBox, or other family members).

If you have a family member who has an Emby server you could access that to.

• Thanks 1

arrbee99

Course if you do happen to have any DVD or blurays you can copy to a computer using another program and then use Emby to add media info about them and play without all the disk swapping malarkey...