New TV Series does not display in Library

RobsterUK

RobsterUK

I think I may have had a similar issue with this in the past. Last time it happened I recreated the root series folder and copied the files.

I have added a new show via Sonar and a few episodes have downloaded. Sonar created the Show's folder and emby seems to have detected the presence of it and created some metedata.

But the show does not display in library. I can't figure out why. I've checked the folder permissions and the emby user has RW perms, inherited from the root share. In fact the permissions are set the same as other folders that work OK.
I've attached the server log file. The only error I can see is
"System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/volume1/Movies/TV Series/South Park.backup~'."
I haven't altered any backup settings recently.

But I may be missing something else

embyserver(2).txt

RobsterUK

Sorry that info would be useful 😆

Added show South Park.
To Library Volume1/Movies/TV Series

Added the show on 18/03. Added a new episode to that show some time this morning - in an effort to trigger a refresh of the library.

GrimReaper

Your server log is only for today, but it appears that newly added episodes are correctly recognized:

2023-03-20 11:46:24.825 Info LibraryMonitor: South Park (/volume1/Movies/TV Series/South Park) will be refreshed.
2023-03-20 11:46:26.295 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/2190/season/21?api_key=x_secret1_x&append_to_response=images,keywords,external_ids,credits,videos&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2023-03-20 11:46:26.768 Info HttpClient: GET https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/series/75897/extended?meta=translations
2023-03-20 11:46:27.344 Info HttpClient: GET https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/series/75897/seasons/712290/posters/62024864.jpg
2023-03-20 11:46:28.000 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/volume1/Movies/TV Series/South Park/Season 21/South Park - 21x01 - White People Renovating Houses Bluray-1080p.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2023-03-20 11:46:28.882 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2023-03-20 11:46:29.061 Info HttpClient: GET https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/series/75897/episodes/official?page=0
2023-03-20 11:46:29.774 Info HttpClient: GET https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/series/75897/episodes/official/eng?page=0
2023-03-20 11:46:30.380 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/75897/6092246.jpg

TMDBId 2190 and TVDBId 75897 both resolve to South Park, so my guess would be the issue lies elsewhere. Do you have any Filters enabled on your library? 

RobsterUK

No filters on the library. 

It doesn't appear in the Metadata Manager either. 

Yet there is metadata & an .nfo in the folder

Screenshot_20230320-202341.png

Screenshot_20230320-202707.png

GrimReaper

Are all your other shows located in:

2 hours ago, RobsterUK said:

Volume1/Movies/TV Series

What is your TV show library path?

Does any of your other libraries have path:

2 hours ago, RobsterUK said:

Volume1/Movies

only? 

RobsterUK

Folder structure is Volume1/Movies is the root share. 

Within that folder is all of the libraries, TV Series, New Movies, Horror, Family etc.

The library for TV Series (Volume1/Movies/TV Series) has many folders containing other shows. All working correctly and display in Emby library.

RobsterUK

Search doesn't find anything South Park related. But does find other related contect when using the term 'south' so the search is working.

I have attached the server log from the 18/03 - this was the day the show was added. As far as I can tell. It detected it OK and refreshed it normally.

embyserver-63814780800.txt

GrimReaper

Could you attach that tvshow.nfo from South Park series folder? 

Edit: Also, if you could share a screenshot of your Settings>Library tab, with library thumbs/type/paths visible? 

Edited by GrimReaper
Afterthought

GrimReaper

I'm really having a hard time envisioning what the issue might be. 

For test purposes could you do the following:

1. Remove South Park series folder completely out of volume1/Movies root and put it somewhere like volume1/Test/TV

2. Scan media library

3. Create new TV shows-type library with above path (e.g. volume1/Test/TV) 

4. Scan media library again

Does it show? 

RobsterUK

I seem to have fixed it.
My library is set to use the UK MPAA rating.  I can see the parental control settings for each user account but not system settings to specify which version to use. Anyway I digress.

I have all sorts of random ratings on the tv shows, set by nfo file, some TV-MA, TV-14 etc, then some with UK format 12A, GB-15, GB-18 etc.
There's even some in a format I'm not familiar with 'FSK 16', ;FSK 12', 'K7'.

South Park was set to '16' in the nfo file. I edited the file to say 'GB-15', scanned the library and it showed up straight away.

Bit of a random reason to not display it in the library.
Can something be logged for this type of anomaly? If it at least was reported to the log file that there is a mis-match on the MPAA rating, it would help to rectify the situation.

GrimReaper

Back to:

On 3/20/2023 at 2:52 PM, GrimReaper said:

my guess would be the issue lies elsewhere. Do you have any Filters enabled on your library? 

In your user settings, do you have any Parental Rating set or option "Block items with no or unrecognized rating information" enabled? 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, RobsterUK said:

I can see the parental control settings for each user account but not system settings to specify which version to use.

That would be Settings>Library>Advanced tab Country settings overridden by per-library Country setting overriden by per-item basis Country setting in its Edit Metadata dialog.

1 hour ago, RobsterUK said:

I have all sorts of random ratings on the tv shows, set by nfo file, some TV-MA, TV-14 etc, then some with UK format 12A, GB-15, GB-18 etc.
There's even some in a format I'm not familiar with 'FSK 16', ;FSK 12', 'K7'.

They're not random but legit ratings returned from providers when scraping:

TV-MA, TV-14 would be US, 12A, GB-15, GB-18 would be GB, FSK 16, FSK 12 Germany and K7 Finland. 

Not all items have all country ratings attached, but various per-country ratings are mapped internally by Emby and given weight corresponding to desired rating system. 

I'd guess plain "16" is either not an official PG rating or it ain't mapped to any country hence as far as Emby is concerned it is "unrecognized" and if above "Block..." option is enabled, it'd be hidden/not displayed/blocked. 

Edited by GrimReaper

RobsterUK
1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

Back to:

In your user settings, do you have any Parental Rating set or option "Block items with no or unrecognized rating information" enabled? 

For the account I have been using there are no libraries blocked.

EmbyUserParent.jpg

GrimReaper

As a quick test, could you select none for Max. parental rating (blank entry in the dropdown, first one), put 16 back in the tvshow.nfo and rescan library, see what gives? 

Edit: @Lukeis 16 used a comparison value here? If so, why would it fail against R18? This looks somewhat similar with issue where system was failing on plain "18" rating?

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

RobsterUK

I set the rating to blank for Max. Parental rating for the user account I'm using.

Then set the MPAA rating back to 16 in the nfo. Ran a library scan & the series is still showing.

EmbyRating16.jpg

GrimReaper

Yeah, that would indicate some issue with weighing that 16 against max. allowed parental rating, as R18 is still some kind of enforced value as opposed to none (blank). 

Well, at least we got to the bottom of it, glad you sorted it out. 

RobsterUK
17 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Yeah, that would indicate some issue with weighing that 16 against max. allowed parental rating, as R18 is still some kind of enforced value as opposed to none (blank). 

Well, at least we got to the bottom of it, glad you sorted it out. 

Thanks for all of your help.

I'll keep an eye on that in the future.