Trying to figure out how to record with either ET or web app

pmac
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

pmac

I have a recording path set up, but I can't seem to find a "record" button while watching live TV, or selecting a program from the guide or program list.

The only record option I can find is through the "add recording" button on the top nav bar, or the general "create recording" while looking a show's detail page, but using either of those options just results in an infinitely spinning loading circle.

Am I missing something? or is there something else that needs to be set up prior to recording any live tv?

I expected there to be a red record button on the live tv OSD, and a record button on the detail screen when selecting a program from the guide, but I'm only presented with a play button for current live items, and I'm presented with no options if selecting a future program.

• Solution
GrimReaper

Does your user have "LiveTV Recording management" option enabled in user settings (Settings>Users tab>edit desired user)? 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

pmac
6 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Does your user have "LiveTV Recording management" option enabled in user settings (Settings>Users tab>edit desired user)? 

That was it, thanks! I knew it must've been something simple, lol.

Being the primary user I guess I assumed that would be enabled by default.