Subtitle questions

TugboatBill

TugboatBill

I have OpenSubtitles, Popnapisi, and Addic7ed addons installed/enabled and I have some questions -

Is it OK to have several Subtitle addons as I mentioned above?

If I do have more than one is one given priority over the others?

When the system is scanning, does it attempt to download subtitles if there is already an srt file?

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, TugboatBill said:

Is it OK to have several Subtitle addons as I mentioned above?

Sure it is. 

If I do have more than one is one given priority over the others?

Yep, in the order you set them to. 

When the system is scanning, does it attempt to download subtitles if there is already an srt file?

If properly named and in accordance with your subtitle download language preferences, no. 

Edited by GrimReaper

TugboatBill

Thanks.  I didn't realize I could set the order but looked closer after your reply and found it.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
hErEsy

Hi, 

fitting to this, I have also a question. Simmilar setup.

I setup German, english and turkish as my default subtitles. I always assumed that it would download them when freshly sorted into my library for new subtitles. Which it doesnt. Is there anyway to force a "update" to make emby search and download all missing subtitles? I am kinda sick of downloading subtitles manually (which he finds no problems).

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, hErEsy said:

Is there anyway to force a "update" to make emby search and download all missing subtitles?

There's a Scheduled task for that, maybe you disabled it or set it to too long intervals between runs? 

hErEsy

nah, sorry. My rig is pretty standard:  - Every 24 hours -

It feels more like: he doesnt find anything OR what he finds he doesnt like (sometimesm I get some Subs (weirdly) mostly from netflix shows). I still cannot make put my finger to it. Ahh while in my thoughts -> when having multiple subs providers - a check connection feature would be nice. Now, I remove all of them and add the supected info in to make sure it is really working. So, I verified: it is not my connections. 

From what I gather: opensubtitles.org got hacked? Anyone in need, maybe change your Passwords ;) 

4 hours ago, hErEsy said:

Hi, 

fitting to this, I have also a question. Simmilar setup.

I setup German, english and turkish as my default subtitles. I always assumed that it would download them when freshly sorted into my library for new subtitles. Which it doesnt. Is there anyway to force a "update" to make emby search and download all missing subtitles? I am kinda sick of downloading subtitles manually (which he finds no problems).

How did you configure automatic subtitle downloading?