Roku TV, sign in with emy connect is not working

clarkss12

clarkss12

Visiting relatives out of state, trying to install the Emby app onto a Roku based TV.  Every time I try to log in using Emby connect, it keeps coming back to the same screen again.  I go to the web page per instructions added my email address and password and I I enter the PIN number that is displayed on the Roku TV screen.  The The web browser on my Android cellular phone says that it is okay.

Not sure how to diagnose the issue. 

Edit: Even went to desktop PC and went to the web page, still no luck. After entering the pin code, it says that the pin code has been accepted. 

Edited by clarkss12

@clarkss12Are you using the same "Clarkss12" you are using here on the forums for Emby Connect or a different user? It should move onto the next screen displaying your server name. Then click on that server name would move onto the next screen showing a list of users, which using Emby Connect will only show the user that is tied to. Along with the message you cannot change users using this method you must use sign out.

If it isn't using the same name as you are on the forum perhaps it is due to them never posting here. There was a cleanup recently of names with 0 posts with months of time with no login. Perhaps they had remained idle too long and the cleanup affected them? In that case you just need to sign up on the forums again to gain the username back, or if someone swiped that username you lost it and need to choose another.

I tried personally with _both_ Store version (which is only version you can get at this time) and with the present BETA that will release in the next cycle and found no issues.

Edited by speechles

pwhodges

Each user has a local account in the Emby server itself; Emby Connect allows a forum login to be linked to a server login, and can in some circumstances provide specific advantages.  Either login can be used as desired, but the Connect login requires the server account to be linked by the server administrator.

If forum access is working but Emby Connect is not, the usual fix is to remove the link between the Connect user and the local user (in the local user settings in the server remove the email address), and then to add the email address again to re-establish the link.

A recent forum user cleanup was rather overenthusiastic in removing accounts with no posts, and caused some Connect users to loss their login through that route.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

clarkss12

At this point in time, the Emby connect is working on my cellular phone.  

I tried on a different Android TV here, 1100 mi from home. I used the network IP, but it did not recognize my user ID login or password. So apparently that is the issue that you've just described.

But again, Emby connect is working fantastic almost cellular phone.

I will probably just forget about it and enjoy my vacation.  

I will test Plex and see how it works. 

clarkss12
21 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Each user has a local account in the Emby server itself; Emby Connect allows a forum login to be linked to a server login, and can in some circumstances provide specific advantages.  Either login can be used as desired, but the Connect login requires the server account to be linked by the server administrator.

If forum access is working but Emby Connect is not, the usual fix is to remove the link between the Connect user and the local user (in the local user settings in the server remove the email address), and then to add the email address again to re-establish the link.

A recent forum user cleanup was rather overenthusiastic in removing accounts with no posts, and caused some Connect users to loss their login through that route.

Paul

I think I committed the sin of a newbie, and I signed up years ago with Emby, using a different email address.  And I don't know what your address I used.  I have that information at home, but it does not help me 1100 mi away from home. 

Hi.  What happens if you hit the "Skip and enter manually" button and just enter your server address?

clarkss12
48 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What happens if you hit the "Skip and enter manually" button and just enter your server address?

I did that, and it got to the point where I added my username and password, but it should invalid username or password.  I know they are correct because that's what I use on my cellular phone when I'm out of my local network.

Obviously there's something that I'm missing. 

53 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

I know they are correct because that's what I use on my cellular phone when I'm out of my local network

Are you sure you are entering the local user id and password and not the Connect ones?

It very well may be that something on the network where the Roku is is blocking access to your server.

54 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

it got to the point where I added my username and password

So no users showed up in the list?  Do you have your users set to be visible on remote connections?

clarkss12
3 hours ago, ebr said:

So no users showed up in the list?  Do you have your users set to be visible on remote connections?

Correct, no users showed up

clarkss12
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Are you sure you are entering the local user id and password and not the Connect ones?

It very well may be that something on the network where the Roku is is blocking access to your server.

It is quite possible, that I'm not using the correct password or username. 

5 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

It is quite possible, that I'm not using the correct password or username. 

Let us know what you find. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...