EMBY mobile plays movies without sound

Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Emby's Android TV software will not play movies without sound, and this mobile phone will have no sound. Emby Android Tv client will transcode the video played by RMVB, and the movie played by 720P264High10 will also transcode, but it will not transcode when it is played by emby Android mobile phone client.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1obwrckg4lkjc8/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk?dl=0

And then provide a log from the android app by following the instructions here:

This will tell us how the app is trying to play the content. 

Thanks !

I did a test and found that emby can't be used in the left and right keys, but the up and down keys can be used, and the keyboard can't be used in the search interface.

• Solution

Apologies. This was a regression in yesterday's build. I've uploaded a new one to resolve it. Can you download again from the same url? Thanks.

5 hours ago, Luke said:

Apologies. This was a regression in yesterday's build. I've uploaded a new one to resolve it. Can you download again from the same url? Thanks.

Ok, I'll test it😉

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luke said:

I did a test, and I found many problems. Question 1: I can't use the input method in the search interface. Question 2: There is no sound when playing AC3 movies (can I add the option of down-mixing stereo? Question 3: If there is no operating device with a pointer in the initial interface of this app, you can't choose Skip or Next.(I uploaded relevant pictures for question 2 and question 3 respectively.)

IMG_0876.jpeg

IMG_0877.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

What happens when you try to search?

There is no keyboard at the bottom. I am from China. We need to input text, but there is no keyboard at the bottom, only a row of English letters at the top. English letters are useless to me.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

What happens when you try to search?

I sent you a video, which shows that the keyboard at the bottom of the search can't be displayed directly. It will only appear if I press the home button of the remote control and then return to emby, which bothers me and I hope to fix this bug.

OK thanks, we'll take a look. Regarding the ac3 problem, can you play the content and then provide a log from the app:

Thanks !

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you sure that’s the video file? It’s only 96k..

The video file is very big, 5G. I sent you the seed.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to cut a small slice of the video file with mkvtoolnix and then upload that file directly to here?

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, wjybing said:

i have the same problem that the app 3.3.29 could not play. But it was running when I changed another TV set. I think is it the problem about android Tv app is fleshed? If i need previous version, how can get them?

If you also play a movie with dolby pro logic without sound, it is because your device does not support Dolby audio. The only solution is to use other players, such as mxplayer, when playing through emby. The TV version of emby can help you convert Dolby audio to stereo, but the mobile phone version of emby does not support Dolby audio to stereo, so there will be no sound when the device does not support Dolby.