Webhook question

stevehoffman203
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

stevehoffman203

I have a couple of Webhooks set up that will dim the lights when I play a tv show or movie and turn up the lights when the TV Show or Movie is paused or stopped.  They are working great, however I have a tiny issue that is more of a nuisance than anything.

If playing a TV Series of several episodes in a row, Emby sends the Stop Webhook, then right after sends the Play Webhook resulting in my lights coming on for a second, then back down.

Is there any way to eliminate this when binge watching a series?  Technically it is doing what I guess it's supposed to do because it is a stop and play, but having the lights basically flash is quite annoying.

I'm sure that I could probably create separate webhooks for the TV Shows and Movies and contol it with my HA software with a timer or similar, however unless I have ANY selected under Limit library events to:, the webhook doesn't work.  This was reported by several others in a different thread.

THank you!

Hi, the playback stop data has a value called NextMediaType. Unfortunately this is not currently added to the webhooks information, but we'll add this for the next release.

So what you can do on playback stop is check NextMediaType. If it's video, then you know another video will be playing, and you can leave the lights on.

If it's audio, or null, then you can turn the lights off. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

stevehoffman203

I believe that would solve the issue, however just to claify, the lights dim when playing and come on when stopping.

It does sound like that will do what I need it to do.

Any idea on a time line?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
stevehoffman203

@Luke

I am now running a test environment with Version 4.8.0.62 beta and Webhooks version 1.0.33.0.  I have setup the webhooks, but I am not seeing the NextMediaType option to complete the function listed above..

Am I missing something or is it still not quite ready?

Thank you!

27 minutes ago, stevehoffman203 said:

Under Notifications, then Webhook setup.

Can you please elaborate a little bit more? Thanks.

stevehoffman203

I created a New Webhook that points to NodeRed with Homeseer Integration to dim the lights when a movie or tv show is started or unpaused.

I created a second Webhook that points to NodeRed with Homeseer Integration to turn the lights back up when the movie or tv show stops or pauses.  They are just like I have in my 4.7 build.

The issue in 4.7 was when a tv episode finished and another automatically started it would bring the lights back up for a second, then dim them back down.

I was under the impression that there would be some kind of a NextMediaType check box that if it is the same type of media, it would ignore the webhook.

Maybe I'm totally confused...

"Hi, the playback stop data has a value called NextMediaType. Unfortunately this is not currently added to the webhooks information, but we'll add this for the next release.

So what you can do on playback stop is check NextMediaType. If it's video, then you know another video will be playing, and you can leave the lights on.

If it's audio, or null, then you can turn the lights off. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks."

• Solution

There's no checkbox, it's just part of the data in the existing playback related objects.