Plugin for checking common issues?

Denino

Denino

Is there any good plugin for finding common Emby issues?

I'm interested in things like:

• Finding directories in libraries from which nothing has been imported to Emby properly – sometimes I find stuff like this randomly, would like to know that each directory maps to exactly 1 movie or 1 TV show/season, etc.
  • Finding movies/episodes which are likely to have been misidentified – for example, sometimes Emby automatically identifies a movie a different movie, sometimes a different movie which ALSO exists in my library, causing "duplicate entries", where one is just misidentified

Etc.

Hi, the built-in table views and filtering may have some of what you're looking for, and also the reports plugin.

Denino
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, the built-in table views and filtering may have some of what you're looking for, and also the reports plugin.

Thanks. I managed to export some CSV using the Reports plugin and then via some post-processing in Excel, I was able to find a few duplicates.

Finding potentially misidentified movies is a harder nut to crack... For example, I found that Rise (2022) had been misidentified as Minions: Rise of Gru (2022). I'm not sure exactly how the Emby logic works there.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Denino said:

For example, I found that Rise (2022) had been misidentified as Minions: Rise of Gru (2022). I'm not sure exactly how the Emby logic works there.

The emby logic is simply to do a search on MovieDb (or whatever your highest priority movie metadata fetcher is).