Incorrect Guide data after time change

Ronstang

Ronstang

I don't know where else to go.  Optimum Cable is the most incompetent company on the planet.  The guide data from them is WRONG but they are too stupid to even know what I am talking about....they keep trying to send out a tech....WHAT?

Anyway....Turner Classic Movies is the only channel I have found that is incorrect....times only.  All the movies that have aired since the time change actually start an hour later than the guide says so recording anything is useless.

I don't know how or where Emby gets it's guide data but is it possible for the source to correct the issue even if stupid Optimum Cable are too dumb to understand me after 3 calls and a chat?

I checked TCM's website and the guide data and start times there are correct for CST....but my guide in both emby and my TIVO are incorrect.

Any ideas....LOL 😖

Ronstang

I refreshed the guide several times but the problem was the guide was also incorrect on my Optimum equipment so the data itself from the root was incorrect especially considering the times were correct on TCM's website.  

Now, it did correct itself but not because the guide updated but because the it simply ran into a situation where one or two listings were of the wrong duration so yesterday morning it got back in synch.....but not because the data actually changed but simply two wrongs made a right here.  But the guide was incorrect for almost 36 hours which is unacceptable but nothing to do with emby.  I was just wondering if the emby's guide source had any control to make adjustments.

Thanks Luke

On 3/14/2023 at 4:35 PM, Ronstang said:

I was just wondering if the emby's guide source had any control to make adjustments.

No, there is no way to edit EPG guide data in Emby.

There is nothing they can do at this point, but I've sent this info to our vendor so they may be able to track down and see what happened.