Guide Display Refresh

rbknox

rbknox

It seems that if you choose a TV program from the Guide, watch the program for a while, then go back to the Guide, the Guide has not updated from the original browsing session. This means that the left most time slot is outdated as is the current time vertical line.   The behavior I am experiencing is I watch TV for a while, go back to the guide, click on something new only to find that it comes only with a record option.  Puzzled, I go back to the guide and realize the show I clicked is now in the past.  It seems you have to completely go back to the main menu and then re-enter the Guide for it to update.

• Agree 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 12:10 PM, Luke said:

Hi, we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

Hi, the Guide still does not update.   Makes using the guide difficult as you have to exit back to the main screen level of Emby and then go back in to get the Guide to update.   I believe, for example, I have used the guide to select a show, watched the show, stopped playback, turned things off, come back the next day, backed out to the guide only to find that it is still showing the previous day's content ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, the guide seems to be better behaved on shorter interactions back and forth between live TV and guide.   But I still see Emby waking up (I let my Windows machine go to sleep) with the Gude in previous earlier timeframe windows.  Also, sometimes when scrolling a long way through channels (eg I enter the guide at say 2.1 and I want to get to 762), by the time I get to 762, the "active" program (the one that is highlighted) has shifted to the right by one or two shows.   This has the result that unless you notice it, you select a program that is in the future and therefore get a recording option rather than a play option.  This is more nuisance than anything but adds to the unpredictability of the guide.  Finally, I notice that the Guide allows you to go left into the previous the 1 or 2 shows.   That is, it allows you to view shows that are now no longer available to watch.  While this is not necessarily a bad thing (I sometimes want to see what had just been on), I suspect it helps contribute to the overall unpredictability. To net it out, based on cable guides and other apps, the expectation is when the guide is on the screen, you are seeing current shows at the left with a line showing actual time, and future to the right.  Any other behavior that deviates from this, IMO, adds confusion. 

Edited by rbknox
  • Thanks 1

Chillout

The ET tv guide will advance to the correct time after you stop watching a show and return to the guide but if you leave it on the guide it will not advance automatically.

I kept the guide open all night and the next morning it was still stuck at last night's time.  Had to exit it out and back in to get it to refresh.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
denz

I am noticing the same it doesn’t refresh after waking from sleep

On 1/7/2024 at 7:24 PM, denz said:

I am noticing the same it doesn’t refresh after waking from sleep

Can you give it another look and reevaluate? Thanks.

denz
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you give it another look and reevaluate? Thanks.

I haven't done the wake from sleep but I am seeing this all the time recordings finish but the main screen doesn't update until you manually go to another screen and then it refreshes. 

denz

Recordings finished 16 minutes ago but are still being shown as being recorded. It's only after I go into another screen and go back it refreshes the screen and as you can see the indicators that it is still recording are all gone.  

denz

It's interesting that on now refreshes but the latest recordings part of the home page doesn't. When you delete a latest recordings from the home screen it doesn't get removed until you go outside your home screen like Guide and back it will get removed. Same if you click on now programme and click record it doesn't appear in the latest recordings section until you go to another screen and then come back that you can see the in progress recording.

denz

Unfortunately yes. The only way for the guide to update is you have to go to the Home Screen and back to the guide. Deleting items from the Home screen you need to go to another screen and go back to the Home Screen before it refreshes. 

denz

To add to refresh issues if you click on On Now and select a programme to record it doesn't get shown on latest recordings until you select another item in on now to record it will then place it in latest recording and if you select a third one to record it doesn't get updated at all. Theater needs work to be more polished.  Thank you

rbknox

I still see refresh issues with the TV guide and also with the recording status per Denz.   Both on Windows (ET) and Apple TV.  Also, on Apple TV version, recordings that have been deleted do not refresh to show that they are gone until after you exit Emby and go back in.

denz

No change. Still the same the latest recordings part of the home screen doesn't refresh I had few recordings running when I went to sleep and when I woke up the latest recordings part of the live tv screen was still at the same as I left it. The only way to refresh that screen you have to go to channels or guide or recordings and come back then it is refreshed. 

Discovered interesting observation yesterday. If you start a recording and you click on it and you press stop recording and you press the delete button it actually refreshed the latest recordings screen. If you stop the recording, go to the home screen than go into the recording and press delete it doesn't refresh the screen. Hopefully this helps Attached a video. 

denz

When you cancel the recording from the latest recordings portion it doesn't pop up with this message if you cancel it from on now screen it does. So a bit of work needed to get the screens uniform.  I just realised the other screen has different options so it's hard to get them uniform.  

image.png.ad507285e62a0fc0f290ec8d7021dda8.png

Edited by denz

37 minutes ago, denz said:

When you cancel the recording from the latest recordings portion it doesn't pop up with this message if you cancel it from on now screen it does. So a bit of work needed to get the screens uniform.  I just realised the other screen has different options so it's hard to get them uniform.  

image.png.ad507285e62a0fc0f290ec8d7021dda8.png

What other screen?

denz

When you press stop recording from this screen you don't get the cancel recording screen above. 

image.png.c44122032b73f8d1bf311a4c96b7dd09.png