Playback Reporting Plugin Beta Emby Compatability Update

vaise

vaise

I cant get the same stuff from the new emby beta notifications.

Until Dec 20th (when I updated to the new notification system versions), I was getting two daily emails :

1 - New media report (a summary type single email with everything for the 24 hours)

2 - User activity report (a summary type single email with everything for the 24 hours)

These sceduled tasks are still running every day (shown in playback reporting) but nothing has ever been sent/received.

I dont need/want a real time single 'event driven' email that the new notifications gives me - I just want the summaries.

I posted in the beta forum but was told this is a third party plugin (I did not know), and hence needs something on that end.

will I need to wait until this beta round gets into Live ?  Are you aware that this does not work as of Dec 2022.

Thanks. @TeamB

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, vaise said:

Are you aware that this does not work as of Dec 2022.

That doesn't seem to be correct, as based on:

On 2/19/2023 at 9:17 PM, TeamB said:

all dev and testing was on 4.8.0.21 beta with final release testing done on current stable.

On 2/19/2023 at 9:22 PM, Happy2Play said:

Yes as I was looking at another test beta system and it updated fine so I am not sure what happened on my primary beta but was an easy fix recreating the db and restoring backup tsv.

, looks like it was working after Dec 2022, at least for some users. 

Happy2Play

I know my servers throw this for the plugin or should say removing the plugin removes this error.

Error App: LoaderException: Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Notifications.INotificationTypeFactory' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.8.0.21, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

The plugin itself works fine but due to Notification system changes other change appear to be needed.  But is there a release and beta for the plugin?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

due to Notification system changes other change appear to be needed.

Looks like. Though @TeamBappears to be aware of the changes:

• Agree 1

TeamB
25 minutes ago, vaise said:

It’s only the emailing that stopped working.

yes this is a beta server compatability issue, it will be fixed when emby server 4.8 is released to stable.

• 1 month later...
vaise

Playback reporting was updated today on my server to 2.1.0.1 - I eagerly clicked the task to do the emails.

But all the data does not seem to be there anymore - and I had shedloads!

I posted this in the plugin area and teamb replied with this - I hope to get instructions for this process

I have added Remote Address to the logged data. This required a schema change and the easiest way was to create a new table. The old data is there in a renamed table that with a few sql commands in the query tab you can migrate it across or you can restore from a backup file.