Remote play missing information

Shikasta

Shikasta

Hi all,

I have a couple of DLNA queries/issues that might simply be that I don't know how to subtly configure DLNA for my specific device. I have a Como Amico that was able to browser Emby library and play out of the box; I was even able to remote control from the Emby UI, which made me very happy.  The main issue I have is that when I use remote control to play something to the Como, all it will display while playing is the long meaningless url for the current track, no album art, no title, no track length.  Is this just a question of configuring the right xml for the device?  How do I work out what that needs to be?

The other, slight niggle is when I come from the other side and browse my library from the Como. When browsing by "folder" it sorts alphabetically by track tag rather than file name, so the tracks are in the wrong order.  I have been running MiniDLNA up until now as the only solution for streaming my media library around the house, and it does the expected thing by file name.  Any way to fix that?

I'm on Como Amico's latest firmware and Emby 4.8.0.21

Thanks

Kym

The main issue I have is that when I use remote control to play something to the Como, all it will display while playing is the long meaningless url for the current track, no album art, no title, no track length.

Hi, where do you see the url displayed, on the Como?

When browsing by "folder" it sorts alphabetically by track tag rather than file name, so the tracks are in the wrong order. 

Hi, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks !

Shikasta
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, where do you see the url displayed, on the Como?

It's where I'd normally see the track title.  Couple of screenshots that hopfully help.

What happens if you select the DLNA track from the Como,:

Como_browse.jpg.cf236e4274c1c60369719a552a5a4a84.jpg

And then if I cast from the app:

Como_render.jpg.7ae9c395a4a74c4daf385d561bac1b9c.jpg

And if I cast to moode from the app:

moode_render.jpg.3f5c90bc6c94af9bbb1b071a0e5258aa.jpg

Some information is there somewhere but not in a form that Como will parse, and both are missing their cover art.

Shikasta
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks !

When I navigate into an audio collection one of the categories (besides Latest, Album, Artist, Favourite Songs, etc.) is Folder.  Navigate through here to an album and the tracks are in alphabetical order by track name, not by file name (which start with track number and thus would be correct):

browse_by_folder.jpg.5b946a15117d8407640af40e1b357d92.jpg

If I browse by Artist, then it sorts by track number:

browse_by_artist.jpg.a42574e2ccaba9881b38ee682492b8a5.jpg

The DLNA listing for browse by Folder must be using a "name" field, which maps to track title if there is one, rather than a path token.