Folder structure for music?

NOCHTPC

Hi, I am not getting any download images for my music in mb3.  My folder structure is as follows:

Lossless/ Aerosmith - Big Ones

/ Alicia Keys - As I Am

/ Andrea Bocelli - My Christmas

etc.  Can I leave my folder stucture like this or the reason mb3 is not getting album images on its own is because the folder structure needs to be Aerosmith/ Big Ones

Alicia Keys/ As I Am

Andrea Bocelli/ My Christmas

Please help?  Thanks.

Edited by NOCHTPC

Hi, I am not getting any download images for my music in mb3.  My folder structure is as follows:

Lossless/ Aerosmith - Big Ones

/ Alicia Keys - As I Am

/ Andrea Bocelli - My Christmas

etc.  Can I leave my folder stucture like this or the reason mb3 is not getting album images on its own is because the folder structure needs to be Aerosmith/ Big Ones

Alicia Keys/ As I Am

Andrea Bocelli/ My Christmas

Please help?  Thanks.

Please see

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

server Version 3.0.5395.0

This is my file structure, why is the images for music albums, artists, backdrops etc not auto downloading?

544328dc0995d_Untitled.png

FrostByte

What lossless format are you using (flac, wma, etc?) and are the id3 tags correct (do they match musicbrainz) since you aren't using the recommended folder structure?

Edited by FrostByte

I'm using apple lossless, they were tagged using mp3tag, itunes, and other apps I can't remember but id3 tags are good.  Not sure if they match musicbrainz.  Do you guys recommend me just restructuring my music as recommended.  Will this improve the image automation?

Edited by NOCHTPC

FrostByte

I would try it with one artist (maybe Aerosmith) in the format linked in post #2. Maybe your structure is too deep?  All my lossless is in flac so have nothing to play with other than to say I spent a lot of time making sure both my id3 tags matched mbz and my file structure matches the suggested format and 99% of my music is correct with only a few misidentified albums.  However, as long as your album, artist, album artist, track#, disk#, and song title tags are correct you should be good like Luke mentioned.

Sp3kt3r

Last weekend I tag all my music with Mp3tag & Musicbrainz and I wanted to have a similar structure and it wasn't working perfectly.

(ex: \Movie soundtrack\Transformers\Transformers 4\song.mp3

The "Movie Soundtrack" folder was detected as a Artist folder and MB was trying to fetch metadata for it and was also assigned an image of a artist.

I decided to change the structure to follow the recommended structure and never had issue after.

Too bad because the reason I'd like that would be for the folder browsing.. right now I have no difference from folder browsing compared to artist since all my root of my media folder is the actual artist.

I'm not giving up.. I"m going to try to create the folder without the AUTO-scan feature on and I will lock the folder first.. just didn't have the time to try

Edited by Sp3kt3r