Wrong subtitle loaded

nodiaque

nodiaque

Hello,

I'm currently on Emby for LG 1.0.37 and I notice a problem with subtitle loading. App setting for subtitle are

Prefered language: English

Subtitle mode: only force subtitles

But I notice I play some video that have english audio selected but french forced track get loaded (there's no english forced track and there's many subtitles).

I think this problem is related to another one I posted before where the audio track selected in the gui doesn't reflect the one being played because of the default order. Here, it just select the french forced even if that's not what my preference are.

Here, this file had 2 audio track

- English (default)

- French

As for subtitles, there's many:

- English (SUBRIP)

- Danish/German/spanish/Finnish/Italia/Dutch... (SUBRIP) (all of them are different entry, was just faster to list them this way)

- French (Default SUBRIP)

- French (Forced SUBRIP)

The one that get loaded is French (Forced SUBRIP) while the audio language is on English.

I've attached the log file. Look for The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers S01E07. File is The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers (2021)/Season 1/S01E07 - Pond Hockey h265 EAC3 5.1 - WEBDL-2160p HDR10.mkv

Thank you

embyserver.txt

Edited by nodiaque

nodiaque

Is it the ffmpeg transcode or remux? Cause this was a mistake, I did directplay afterward.

edit:  to add, on the episode selection, it'S already selected french forced, it's not that it doesn't play what I selected, it's just that it's already selected but doesn't follow preference

Edited by nodiaque

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 5:14 PM, nodiaque said:

Is it the ffmpeg transcode or remux? Cause this was a mistake, I did directplay afterward.

edit:  to add, on the episode selection, it'S already selected french forced, it's not that it doesn't play what I selected, it's just that it's already selected but doesn't follow preference

@nodiaquehow about this. Please repeat the scenario and then attach all log files that were written to or modified during the time of the test. Thanks !

nodiaque

Ok, I'll do it again and come back. 

Edit: I don't think the problem is at playback, the track selected is the one played. Problem is the ui select the French forced one by default while my selection is for English. Since my audio track is English, it should either load the English forced (doesn't exist) or none. 

IMG_20230323_231102.jpg

IMG_20230323_231258.jpg

IMG_20230323_231321.jpg

IMG_20230323_231340.jpg

Edited by nodiaque

Hi, you've got your preference set to forced only. Do you have forced english subtitles for this title?

Perhaps it remembered your previous selection? Did you try clearing your saved track selections?

37 minutes ago, nodiaque said:

it was brand new series never watched.

Can you still try it anyway and see if that helps?