Got a old intel server. Anyone know how it works?

isabellajane

isabellajane

Currently I am facing the issue with my old intel server[https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/c/servers-storage/servers-intel/]. I want to use it at my home. But no idea how it works. And I would appreciate some advice from the community on how to resolve it. 
When I try to connect the intel server with my system, only power blinked and then one Message Server error popped on screen. I am running a business from home. So i need a server which will help in store the data and handle multiple tasks.

I have search how it would be connected. I followed some troubleshoot like
>To use the server, you will need to connect it to a network and configure it to perform the functions you need it to. 
>This may require some technical knowledge, so you may want to consider consulting with an IT professional if you are not familiar with setting up and managing servers.

Has anyone in the community encountered a similar issue, and if so, what steps did you take to resolve it? I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

justinrh

You haven't given us much to work with.  What was the error msg?  What OS is installed?  Can you connect a monitor and keyboard to it?  Have you tried remote desktop to it?  What is the model #?

RanmaCanada

We need more information.  What are the specs of the server?  Model #, etc.  Please be more forthcoming.  Depending on the age of the server it may not even be worth it because of power costs and noise.