Movie posters

I have a Pi 4 with Kodi on it connect to my TV.

The problem here is, i had spent months on cleaning up some video file, cutting them and cleaning up the audio. So, i have finished up will all of my video file, movies and TV Shows, all in MP4 along with movies poster. I connected a USB TB hard drive to the computer to transfer my video files and posters over to the USB drive.   

Ok, here's the thing, I created two folders onto the drive and named them MOVIES / TV SHOWS.  Inside of the MOVIE folder, i created sub-folders and named each one the name of the movie and placed the movie file along with the poster into that sub-folder. So the sub-folder and video file has the same name

movie CHIP N DALE RESCUE RANGERS (2022).mp4
poster CHIP N DALE RESCUE RANGERS (2022)-poster.jpg

Like i posted above, i have renamed the video file and poster to

1 hour ago, cherokee79 said:

CHIP N DALE RESCUE RANGERS (2022).mp4
poster CHIP N DALE RESCUE RANGERS (2022)-poster.jpg

So, since i have created a folder on the USB drive and a sub-folder for the video file along with the poster and name the sub-folder the same title of the movie. I connected the USB drive to my Pi 4 and loaded up Kodi. I can get to my movie but it only shows the thumbnail of the movie, not the poster. so that is my issue.

The image is a bite blury, but the movie is good, but it's not showing the poster, just a thumbnail

100_0566.JPG

Edited by cherokee79

HI, is this using the Emby for Kodi add-on? What do you see in the Emby web interface?

Just Kodi with the estuary. The Movie is on my USB drive.

PS. I have Kodi v20 going on the Pi4

Edited by cherokee79

seanbuff
7 minutes ago, cherokee79 said:

humm, i just thought i give ya'll a try, now stiil back on square one

Hi, if you use Emby to manage your media for you - you won't need to grab your own posters, or rename them manually. This is all taken care for you, automatically.

If you're keen to get started, see here: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159034-quick-start