Login Issues

HustleHardest85
Go to solution Solved by seanbuff,

HustleHardest85

Looking for some help; I just created a logon here for the forums, which is also used for Emby Connect if I understand correctly.

When I try to use these credentials to log into the iOS Emby app, I just get a continuous loop (log into emby connect, enter credentials, second screen that asks to log into server or log in with emby connect, back to credentials screen, etc etc etc forever)

Wildly frustrating, especially for a new user.  I'm trying to get this media server up and running, but it is proving to be overly buggy and complicated so far.

Any help would be great, and thanks.

HustleHardest85

First off, thank you for responding.

Secondly, F***************k...that was it; there was no email connected in the server user options etc.

What a silly issue...back on track for now.

Thanks again, it's great to get an accurate and quick answer.

seanbuff
4 minutes ago, HustleHardest85 said:

Thanks again, it's great to get an accurate and quick answer.

No worries, glad you got it sorted!

• Thanks 1

HustleHardest85

Hey, while I have your attention (I think this is still an appropriate place to ask)...

Now I can access my server from my iOS app, which is great, but only on wifi; as soon as I try over 5G (I was testing to see if everything was working etc) I get a failure to connect when I sign in to Connect and click on my server.

Any ideas?

HustleHardest85

Whew...I disable upnp as a security issue, so I had to do some manual port forwarding.

Done & done, and thank you again.

Thank goodness for this forum, because this app does NOT hold hands...there is certainly a technical end to it that I wasn't expecting.

Bit by bit though, it's starting to seem like a more viable solution; it just needs some dialing in apparently.

You rule, thanks again.

• Like 1

pwhodges

I believe P**x makes this startup stuff a bit easier, in exchange for your soul in perpetuity...

Paul

• Haha 1

HustleHardest85
19 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I believe P**x makes this startup stuff a bit easier, in exchange for your soul in perpetuity...

Paul

Oh no, my soul 😂

I honestly tried it first, because it has such a big imprint and is so well known, it’s the first thing I tried, but it honestly failed at a few things right off the bat that I wasn’t thrilled with.  One of the biggest issues is it took all 300+ episodes of a certain series and put them into one lumped folder.  Emby easily recognized the tags and/or folder setup and displays them correctly.  I’m incredibly picky about such things, and i didn’t spend so much time labeling, organizing, etc just to have things thrown in a big pile; can’t even explain how much that pains me.

There are clearly this that Emby excels at, I do appreciate open source, I like the idea if plugins and even working next to kodi etc (once i figure out how to use THAT…whole other can of worms I’m sure)

I have good proficiency/understanding of these issues, i just didn’t know that Emby so much required said proficiency.

The support base around here is clearly pretty solid; with people around to steer me in the right direction, i don’t think I’ll have much problem doing the work to fix the issues etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1