Bugs(?) with 1.5.2

Nanganator

Nanganator

Samsung model number: UE55NU7020

Samsung firmware version: 1330

Samsung Emby client version: 1.5.2

Emby server version: 4.7.9.0

During playback:

Pushing down arrow goes directly to “info” pane instead of scrubbing control. Up arrow goes to scrubbing control (could be new behaviour?)

Next / Previous episode arrows missing from scrubbing buttons.

Total length time in scrubbing seems to be random number (20:23 in image example)

General Navigation:

Subtitles searching does not highlight properly (Second subtitle is one currently highlighted in image)

3 dot menu exceeds boundaries and overlaps image and below the fold icons appear in footer.

16641E3C-D950-4697-88EB-48F1E1C9E3CD.jpeg

5769D0FC-B13C-4C8F-8EEF-B93CD52A7F6B.jpeg

1F5B8715-3788-41E7-AB7C-9B278E3B0CF1.jpeg

Edited by Nanganator
correction

Pushing down arrow goes directly to “info” pane instead of scrubbing control. Up arrow goes to scrubbing control (could be new behaviour?)

Hi, is there a problem. The scrubbing circle is always focused by default, so you don't need to press down to get to it anymore. If you press down, then you're going down from that.

Next / Previous episode arrows missing from scrubbing buttons.

Have you tried using left/right and next/prev track on your remote control? If you want all of the buttons on screen then you can enable it in the app's settings, but your remote control should have everything you need.

Nanganator

Going to make a few posts as I have no idea how to put pics inline.

Pressing down arrow on 1.2.6 brings up scrubbing with the scrub selected.

85158EA8-3461-4377-8E54-6304E90119A9.jpeg

Nanganator

Pressing down arrow on 1.5.2 (with Hide transport buttons on auto or yes) goes straight to Info pane.

6102D52A-C8E9-4CDA-981F-E61CFEB0AC9A.jpeg

Nanganator

Pressing down arrow on 1.5.2 (with hide transport buttons set to No) goes to the transport buttons (jumps over scrubbing). It’s like it takes the down arrow to bring up the OSD as 2 down arrow presses.

I’ve got the BN59-01303A remote which only has scrub buttons (same behaviour as right or left arrow on scrub)
image.thumb.jpeg.e95b84996eeb45b25c13130f0c99dd59.jpeg

37D784A4-4BC2-4984-9BA1-F22B70269F1B.jpeg

If your remote does not have next/prev track, then it sounds like you want the transport buttons to always be visible so that you can reach those functions.

3 dot menu exceeds boundaries and overlaps image and below the fold icons appear in footer.

Regarding this, yes I can reproduce this on older units that have older rendering engines. It can be tough teaching the older dogs new tricks. I'll take another look at it. Thanks.

Nanganator
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

If your remote does not have next/prev track, then it sounds like you want the transport buttons to always be visible so that you can reach those functions.

Yeah flicked those on. It’s just the difference in behaviour from earlier versions that’s catching my partner out. She always pushed down to bring up the scrub and then scrubbed. Now I need to teach her to just scrub otherwise it’s down, up, scrub! :D

It was a lower/mid TV back in 2018 so showing it’s age now.

• Thanks 1