Cannot forward on external player

Przemek

Hi, if you turn off the subtitles prior to playback, how does that compare?

Przemek

When I use my Extreme IPTV Pro app to my vod I also open in external player (the same MX player) on same smartphone and there's no problem.

Ps. When I use Emby Theater on Linux desktop that function cause error and don't open any external player.

Przemek
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, if you turn off the subtitles prior to playback, how does that compare?

It's the same.

I've never heard of that domain before. Can you please attach the log file here?

That error message needs to be improved - it's not a problem in the app. It means the external player couldn't play the url (for whatever reason).

1 hour ago, Przemek said:

That is my selfhosted Zipline server. I cannot attach here because it's too big.

Maybe the last several minutes of the log file then?

OK yes this is because the transcoding protocol that we're using for external players is not seekable. Why can't you use the internal player?

Przemek
4 hours ago, Luke said:

OK yes this is because the transcoding protocol that we're using for external players is not seekable. Why can't you use the internal player?

I use external player like VLC to download subtitles for vod movies from my IPTV provider.

Przemek

@LukeI think there's some general linux problem with live tv. I install Nextprv server for recording and also sometimes disconnect but not so often like Emby. On my laptop with Garuda (Arch) only solution to watch without problem I have to use appimage VLC. I try Kodi, VLC from official repo, Kaffeine, Freetuxtv and all have issues. Disconnecting after few seconds or minutes.
On Android smartphone or TV every app I try just works like regular telewision.

• 5 weeks later...
Przemek
6 hours ago, Luke said:

@Przemekwhat do you mean by general linux problem exactly?

I mean when I use app on Android it plays my live tv m3u list without any problem. When I use the same list on Linux (Emby on Debian or two archlinux laptops) it always buffer or channels close after some time.

• 4 weeks later...