"Downloads" Playback error / no compatible streams.

mostynL

mostynL

First of all I will preface that I think Emby is boss for my music management.... only saying this because I always come this forum to complain! Anyway...

I started using Emby Theater for Windows recently. 

The trouble is when I click to play from the "Downloads" links, it pops with "Playback error / no compatible streams." None of the downloads work, even right after they sync. I can play the copies just fine with VLC.

image.png.272aa7a2199a5afdf023242a6698dc12.png

image.png.cfeb81ab7e25295fcc4a109f1d77fd85.png

(I haven't been able to upgrade server to 4.7.11.0 manually, ist just seems to revert to 4.7.9.0)

Edited by mostynL

GrimReaper
21 minutes ago, mostynL said:

(I haven't been able to upgrade server to 4.7.11.0 manually, ist just seems to revert to 4.7.9.0)

That usually indicates your Emby server folder has been locked by some app (typically browsers, with Firefox being particularly nugging), restart of the machine usually solves it. You can also check within your OS what's keeping the folder locked. 

mostynL
21 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

That usually indicates your Emby server folder has been locked by some app (typically browsers, with Firefox being particularly nugging), restart of the machine usually solves it. You can also check within your OS what's keeping the folder locked. 

Thanks, will give it a try.

mostynL

Hi Luke,

In PM I send you a log from today during which this happened:

I uploaded the album by Lemonheads "Varhsons" to the file share. Emby found it and added to recently added music. One song on it "03 - Layin' Up With Linda.flac" was added to a playlist. Emby theater is/was set up to download new songs added to that playlist, and it did give me notification the song was synched. I didn't try playing it yet. An hour later, I opened up Emby Theater and tried to play the song from the Downloads section and it gave me the error. The song is still on my computer where it was written by Emby.  

Thanks for looking into this!

mostynL

Luke, Do you need a log from the W10 where Emby Theater is running? Not sure if you can see the event from the server logs... Please let me know. I'm not sure where that client log lives.

Hi, I've been testing playing downloads in Emby Theater and am not seeing any issues. Can you try removing the download, then updating to Emby Server 4.7.11, and then downloading again?

mostynL

I was able to get to 4.7.11 this time.

image.png.6fac07b3777b983a560a93d454d32cf2.png

Deleting the downloads from downloads management kept the folder structure intact but removed files.

It's downloading the playlist, and some files have completed already.. in progress.

image.png.f8d788f55c53377552bb38499527cf4d.png

The Downloads widget is populating, but when I click play on one...

image.png.ce07edc859452595f508a52afa93daf8.png

Still playback error... 

image.png.54f8ae0c3cce4488b4c8e4a0c09c2155.png

The file is there in the folder structure, so... not sure. I will wait for the 114 items to complete and try it again later.

image.png

mostynL

Hmm still not working though...

"114 items downloaded"

I clicked a few random songs from the downloads widget and they all say the same thing. 

I can access all the songs (files) from another software. That's all that really matter for me right now. Maybe the problem is just my computer. I don't have the problem usually with the Android app. 

Edited by mostynL

• 3 weeks later...
mostynL

I hadn't really tried until now. 

Just a few minutes ago I reset Windows 10 (reinstalled).. then I installed emby theater and setup Emby download folder.

image.png.1c0cdc0c03a0dcd3fae003ec2b35a0cf.png

Then asked for a playlist to download... The two songs in playlist downloaded fine, I saw the notification pop ups. But in Downloads there was nothing. Then I head over to Manage Downloads and transferring is at 0%....

image.png.1b66d09384647a9e8f98d0b3cc30f6b0.png image.png.f140f0978048c7bb9ea3f195fc65f9be.png

I look at the folder, they are alive and fine:

image.png.0013a7f843ae28b3648644dbff0bbe71.png

I downloaded vlc and I am able to play the files; no problem.

Restarted Emby Theather, no change. ( still transferring at 0%)....

image.png

image.png

Edited by mostynL

mostynL

A few minutes later... the files show up in the "Downloads" area, but getting playback error when trying to play them from emby theater.

image.png.f27b24ea84acec4815280b6da574c8e2.png

mostynL

Next day I click play on a downloaded song from Home, and I get .. "No compatible streams". However, I can click on the artist, find the song (guessing the server connected song) and it plays from there.

image.png.4c587a34d7126df458dfc50fc5c40920.png

Another weird thing is, then I can click on Downloads

image.png.74d48cad5846336731fd486fb8e5ff26.png

And it says there is 1 item (but no songs listed; two songs were downloaded from a playlist).

image.png.f65d31e3059f0fd5aeb7ec15ac3fc462.png

The two songs from the playlist are actually both from the same album.

If I click play from here it says "no playable items were found".

image.png.0b3b7dda134193ad7bb48a6d91b1a4a9.png