m3u time out

xben1298

xben1298

Hi all,

I am having a weird issue I guess my m3u provider webpage is too slow. When I try to add my m3u URL in Live TV it fails. 

When looking in the logs it states that it timed out.  Error HttpClient: Connection to http://server.com/get.php?username=&password=&type=m3u&output=mpegts timed out.

Of course it is working from a web browser but takes a little while to connect and to begin downloading. 

Any way to change the time out  on Live TV m3u retrieval ?

Hello xben1298,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

xben1298

Hi Luke, 

No I am straight behind a gigabyte fiber connection so speed is really not an issue.

But like I said the provider is not fast when downloading the m3u list so the server as time to times out. Is there a way to make it wait more then 20 seconds. 

I tried 2 different provider and the second was even worst. So I really need a way to change the time out otherwise I won't be able to make it work. 

Again thanks for getting back to me. 

xben1298

Hi Luke I counted at least 40 seconds for it to start and download the list and I don't even mention the second provider that was is insanely long. Is it a setting I can change ?

It would be very nice to be able to adjust it in a config file or something. Does it change anything if it takes 20 sec or 2 minutes to download ? it is done in the background and does not change the user experience right ?

xben1298

Hi Luke, how does it work it, it's pushed via an update or there is a setting to change ? First time I post here so I have no idea.  Thanks again 

• 1 month later...
JERKBALL

Any news on this? I'm also not able to download the m3u in the not configurable amount of time....

At the moment I download the m3 manually and add it afterwards... But that is some kind of annoying :-)

17 hours ago, JERKBALL said:

Any news on this? I'm also not able to download the m3u in the not configurable amount of time....

At the moment I download the m3 manually and add it afterwards... But that is some kind of annoying 🙂

Is 50 seconds not enough)

xben1298

Hi Luke,

I have no logs. I was waiting on the fix to retry a service. I was just wondering if it would do any harm to put it to something like 1min30 or 2 minutes since this happens in the background and would probably be seamless. Just a suggestion if it doesn't work for all services.

I didn't retry anything I didn't check if there was an update on the plugin. 

xben1298

Hi Luke,

It is this plugin right ? I am on version 4.7.11.0 of the server but the plugin version number didn't change see screenshot. 

Does the number has to change or the change is from the server itself ?

I can always take another sub to try it out. 

IMG-000145.jpg

JERKBALL
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Has the latest update to the m3u plugin helped?

I got the same error:

InnerException: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 20 seconds elapsing.

xmltv Plugin was updated on 13.04. and I did an emby restart

Thx for your quick fixes btw

10 hours ago, JERKBALL said:

I got the same error:

InnerException: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 20 seconds elapsing.

xmltv Plugin was updated on 13.04. and I did an emby restart

Thx for your quick fixes btw

@JERKBALL please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

JERKBALL
18 hours ago, Luke said:

@JERKBALL please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

I just wanded to create the server log...

Now it went through smoothly.. Maybe because the server is now much faster and the download was finished after 16sec.

2023-04-15 22:10:44.608 Info HttpClient: GET http://xxxxxxxxxxxx/x_path1_x?username=x_secret1_x&password=x_secret2_x&type=m3u_plus&output=mpegts
2023-04-15 22:11:00.993 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to host1. Time: 16401ms. http://emby_remote_ip/emby/LiveTv/TunerHosts?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.11.0&X-Emby-Language=de&reqformat=json

Hopefully this works now every time ;)

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
warrentc3
On 4/14/2023 at 3:43 AM, Luke said:

Has the latest update to the m3u plugin helped?

Hi Luke, i’m having similar timeouts but primarily on xmltv.  surely something as straightforward as # of seconds until timeout should be a user configurable option and not something that depends on the emby dev team pushing a plugin update that in turn forces a restart of the server service to take effect. 

4 minutes ago, warrentc3 said:

Hi Luke, i’m having similar timeouts but primarily on xmltv.  surely something as straightforward as # of seconds until timeout should be a user configurable option and not something that depends on the emby dev team pushing a plugin update that in turn forces a restart of the server service to take effect. 

Yes making it configurable is reasonable, however the value is pretty high at this point.