.actors folder use

CDogg2000

CDogg2000

I know this has been gone over far so many times but it looks like most people just found different ways to do what they needed and no one seemed to be using Emby how I do.  In short, Emby does it all and does it all well.  I, like many, came from a world of having/using a ".actors" folder within the folders of my individual "TV Shows" folders and within my single "Theatre" folder.  Ex; "...\TV Shows\Matlock\.actors" and "...\Theatre\.actors".  I think this worked the first time I had tried Emby Server on Windows 10 but I can't be sure.  Either way, I'm seeing that it's not working and I'm looking to know if v4.6.7.0 or later has the ability to not only look for metadata locally with the media itself but also inside the .actors folders in those locations.  My Emby server has NO access to the internet, I have my reasons.  Clients access it strictly via Apache.

Summary, does v4.6.7.0 or later support the .actors folders?

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, CDogg2000 said:

Summary, does v4.6.7.0 or later support the .actors folders?

Summary: no. Nor any subsequent version does. 

(btw why are you on such an outdated server version?) 

Anyway, if you'd update to 4.7.11.0, you might use community-made plugin built for exactly that purpose (will probably work on some earlier version, though that's untested):

CDogg2000

Looks like I can't get it installed manually due to the older version.  I'll update in a while and give it another go.

(I only update certain applications when absolutely necessary!  As a Windows User since 3.1, updates have caused far too many issues and I don't have the kind of time I used to to chase down problems and fix all the new bugs introduced.  We rely on Emby for all our entertainment needs as our backend and "it just works".  Like Apache, nextPVR, and the like.  I keep it simple and secure and update ONLY when necessary.)

CDogg2000

So this did work thank you!  I did decide to let this go since I had to make the choice of actors pictures or proper integration of nextpvr which is dropped after 4.6.7.  A perfect and prime example as to why I NEVER update things if they work and are secure.  I'd never thought the Emby folks would do that, but it's their software.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, CDogg2000 said:

So this did work thank you!

Glad you sorted it out. 👍