Unable to display context menu using an Android keyboard

jalfrezi

jalfrezi

Hi. I usually use the Android tv client but I have been trying to use the mobile app because the tv version is being discontinued, Using an android 11 tv box and Android keyboard, on the android tv app I simply hold down the mouse key and I get a context menu to add remove favourite, remove from continue watching etc. This method does not work on the mobile app and I have to use my mobile to complete this task. Can this be fixed if the TV app is soon to be discontinued please. Is it also possible to make the mobile app more responsive like the tv app? The mobile app is really slow. I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it via a search. Thanks

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, jalfrezi said:

and Android keyboard

Are you referring to BT/RF keyboard? 

jalfrezi

Hi. No all my keyboards are logitech K400+. It is ideal for use with android TV boxes and works well with the Emby tv app but not the mobile app. I cannot find a key which will bring up the menu?

jalfrezi

Hi. On The Logitech k400 plus keyboard there is a seperate yellow mouse button which is used to select an item on screen. On the TV app you simply ho;d this down for a second or so and the context menu pops up. This works on android 8, 9 and 11 but not on the mobile app it simply opens an item or selects the video to play? I have tried every other key but no joy.

jalfrezi

Hi.Yes . On The Logitech k400 plus keyboard there is a seperate yellow mouse button top left which is used to select an item on screen. On the TV app you simply ho;d this down for a second or so and the context menu pops up. This works on android 8, 9 and 11 but not on the mobile app it simply opens an item or selects the video to play? I have tried every other key but no joy.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:01 AM, jalfrezi said:

Hi.Yes . On The Logitech k400 plus keyboard there is a seperate yellow mouse button top left which is used to select an item on screen. On the TV app you simply ho;d this down for a second or so and the context menu pops up. This works on android 8, 9 and 11 but not on the mobile app it simply opens an item or selects the video to play? I have tried every other key but no joy.

Have you tried pressing the right button instead?

jalfrezi

Hi. Pressing the right or left button selects the video to play on the Android mobile app. Pressing the left button and holding down a second gives the context menu on the TV app but this does not work on the Android mobile app