question

gtali7878

gtali7878

I created these 2 users and even thoush Ive granted them permission the only way they can stream any of my media and get into my server is if I give them my password , even though I created passwords for them both they cant login in with them. Ive tried changing all type of settings both on the emby dashboard and on my home router but they can only get in through my account, Ive podted some pics in the hopes that they would give you some insight, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2023-03-08 003811.png

Screenshot 2023-03-08 003842.png

Screenshot 2023-03-08 003855.png

seanbuff
9 minutes ago, gtali7878 said:

I created these 2 users and even thoush Ive granted them permission the only way they can stream any of my media and get into my server is if I give them my password

Are these intended to be remote users (outside of your home) - or local users?

If remote, please follow this guide step-by-step to configure remote access: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002137137-remote-setup

Also please, you have already been asked to create more meaningful Topic Titles, almost all of your topics have the same title of "question" and it becomes very confusing for anyone to help you when all your topics look the same. 

• Like 1

seanbuff

Presumably the reason it works for them when they use your password is because your account is the only one setup for Emby Connect (as denoted by the cloud icon)

image.png.0b8e5842be0d65cd148016805cd274f3.png

Follow the guide above, and create additional Emby Connect accounts for each of your other users. There is a 1-to-1 mapping.

GrimReaper

@gtali7878

You really need to cease creating topics titled "question", as you were already advised in this very thread. Currently there are 5 topics named so + 1 more already renamed by another Mod within last few days alone. Just... stop.

• Thanks 1

gtali7878
6 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

@gtali7878

You really need to cease creating topics titled "question", as you were already advised in this very thread. Currently there are 5 topics named so + 1 more already renamed by another Mod within last few days alone. Just... stop.

ok im sorry

gtali7878
45 minutes ago, Luke said:

What exactly happens when they try to get in?

it saids wrong user and or password