The Android client plays high-bitrate video freezing.

Kaouning
Go to solution Solved by Kaouning,

Kaouning

When I play high-bitrate videos in the emby Android client, I occasionally freeze for a few seconds, but not on the computer client, so it is recommended to adjust the cache mechanism of the Android client. When I looked at the server CPU usage, I found that Android client playback consumed more CPU usage than computers. In addition, statistics on traffic data find that the computer client plays high-bitrate video broadband is very smooth, but the Android client is a roller coaster, guessing that the Android client playing lag is likely to be caused by the caching mechanism.
The same goes for Android TV clients.
My server is an ARM CPU, an Emby server in the Docker environment.

It's not a hardware problem with my Android device, because I tested the same video on SAMBA using VLC player, and the normal playback and higher magnification speed playback will not freeze.

Hello Kaouning,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Kaouning

I tested the web page playback on the Android device, and it will not freeze, but the network bandwidth will become lower, which should be the reason for automatic adjustment of the picture quality, in general, the Android player does have a bug of playing stuttering, the video format is H264 bitrate 49mbps, due to optical modem reasons caused my 100m/s network port only 12.9m/s broadband speed, but playing this bitrate video is more than enough.

• Solution
Kaouning

I found the reason because the emby player has enabled the external player, but I did not set up the external player with it.

11 minutes ago, Kaouning said:

I found the reason because the emby player has enabled the external player, but I did not set up the external player with it.

Hi, this is off by default. What external player are you launching with?

Kaouning
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

嗨,默认情况下这是关闭的。您使用什么外部播放器启动?

Because there was no compatible stream before, I turned on the option to start the external player, but it started the player that came with the phone, I tested another video that needed to be decoded and found that I could not jump to the VLC player, only to find that I needed to set the default player in the Android system to enable the VLC player correctly.

But I found a new problem, because of the format problem, I tested the emby server transcoding function, after the transcoding is completed, the CPU usage is still very high, my device is NanoPi R4S (https://wiki.friendlyelec.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPi_R4S) CPU is rk3399,
The system is istoreos (https://www.github.com/istoreos/istoreos) can be simply understood as openwrt or linux system, and then i run emby in docker, although rebooting can solve this problem, but I tested emby server in windows system did not appear after the transcoding CPU is still continuously occupied, I think this is likely to be a bug.

Kaouning
1 hour ago, Kaouning said:

Because there was no compatible stream before, I turned on the option to start the external player, but it started the player that came with the phone, I tested another video that needed to be decoded and found that I could not jump to the VLC player, only to find that I needed to set the default player in the Android system to enable the VLC player correctly.

But I found a new problem, because of the format problem, I tested the emby server transcoding function, after the transcoding is completed, the CPU usage is still very high, my device is NanoPi R4S (https://wiki.friendlyelec.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPi_R4S) CPU is rk3399,
The system is istoreos (https://www.github.com/istoreos/istoreos) can be simply understood as openwrt or linux system, and then i run emby in docker, although rebooting can solve this problem, but I tested emby server in windows system did not appear after the transcoding CPU is still continuously occupied, I think this is likely to be a bug.

I did the same test after the reboot and there was no longer that issue, and the reboot of Golden Legend solved 99% of the problems.