Trying to build the sample plugin in SDK4.7.5.0

VicMoore

VicMoore

I am new to plugins and C#.  To improve my knowledge, I have tried to build the sample plugin within the Emby SDK 4.7.5.0

I keep getting the error "Unable to find package Emby.Web.GenericEdit. No package exists with this id in sources(s): Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages, nuget.org"

How do I resolve this issue?

Vic

rbjtech

Have you installed the Emby Nuget packages within Visual Studio ?

Tools > get Nuget Packages > then Browse - in search put Emby - and install 4.7.9

Install both the Common and Core. 

Code using these Nuget package (and below), should then compile.

@softworkz - is this not in the SDK Instructions ?

image.png.1a6d798859125bca9cfb5f31cb195be7.png

image.png

Edited by rbjtech

4 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I am new to plugins and C#.  To improve my knowledge, I have tried to build the sample plugin within the Emby SDK 4.7.5.0

I keep getting the error "Unable to find package Emby.Web.GenericEdit. No package exists with this id in sources(s): Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages, nuget.org"

How do I resolve this issue?

This plugin sample you are referring to accidentally slipped into the SDK. It shouldn't be included - it's also not listed in the docs: https://dev.emby.media/home/sdk/plugins/index.html

GenericEdit/GenericUI functionality requires Emby Server Beta and the Beta SDK which is available here: https://betadev.emby.media/

The sample you are trying to build has been renamed to EmbyPluginUiDemo: https://betadev.emby.media/home/sdk/plugins/sample_ui_demo.html

Sorry for the confusion!

• Like 1

VicMoore

Rbjtech and Softworkz, thanks so much for the help.  Softworkz, is there another plugin that I should be using to learn from. I want something simple that includes an html page for configuration.

Thank you both for helping me.   Vic

VicMoore

I have a tool that I use today to tag files for VirtualTV.  I also use it to bulk edit metadata and a variety of other things. The tool is attached below, if you would like to take a look.  I want to convert a portion of this tool to a plugin. The tool would be invoked via an entry in the sideboard of the dashboard.  The plugin would build the tool display in the right area where the plugin configuration goes. The HTML and associated javascript would be loaded so the user can select and bulk edit Emby item metadata.  I would use the EMBY REST API to access everything I need.  Perhaps what I want to do is unreasonable, or my approach is wrong. You have given me good advice before, so what would you recommend?

Vic

New_GUI_2.zip

Could you post a few screenshots - that would be easier to get an impression..

Do you have the htmljs done already in your tool?

VicMoore

Yes the tool is fully finished. You can see what I have in mind by running the HTML file in the attached zip file. Its a one page app built almost entirely via JS.  Softworkz I greatly appreciate the time you are giving to me.

Vic

image.png.dfd835a7f00f5483e5cdf176f74f3327.png

image.png.75978866afb5a0e3d117ed2a8c3baf21.png

image.png.3bf2a458f3bb343e44910c37a1907918.png

image.png.6ad9648b9c8ae9056cb0a3e13b465db3.png

New_GUI_2.zip

Ah, alright - when you got it all done in htmljs, then the PluginUI doesn't make any sense for you.

Let's find a sample with html page for you instead...

VicMoore

@softworkzmy ambition is to create two plugins. The first is a bulk metadata editor that can simultaneously edit the metadata of thousands of files simultaneously. The tool currently does this well. The second plugin would be used to visually create  virtualTV channels by assigning tags and genres to the video items that compose the channel. Items could be visually added or removed easily. I do this today with the js tool.

vic

Cheesegeezer

SubKiller is also public as is AdminBuddy in my repo on Github that uses the more classical way of plugin structure.

https://github.com/Cheesegeezer/Emby.SubKiller

https://github.com/Cheesegeezer/Emby.AdminBuddy

I definitely have to understand the new plugin structure for emby...

Vic i'm still waiting for you to add me to Teams, so i can help you further buddy.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

@Cheesegeezer, I misunderstood your request.  I don't know anything about "teams."  What is it and how do I get started?

Vic