Having trouble with Trakt.tv plugin...

JasonNalley

JasonNalley

It hasn't sync'd my library or my played/watched since August of last year.  It just keeps failing, even when attempting to run it manually.  I have already generated a new pin and saved the pin, but to no avail.  Wondering if anyone knows a fix/workaround?

This is the error when I click on the i 

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.Get(HttpRequestOptions options)
at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt(String url, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, TraktApi traktApi, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncUserLibrary(User user, TraktUser traktUser, TraktApi traktApi, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

JasonNalley

I think I found the answer in another thread under the Trakt plugin section, my trakt may be locked.  I've reached out to them.  It would be nice if there were some indication of this in Emby telling us that Trakt locked the account.  Apparently Trakt has given information about this in their github: https://github.com/trakt/api-help/issues/228

Under "What Updates does my app need?"
Your app will need to handle the 423 HTTP status code and should instruct the user to contact Trakt support so we can fix their account. The API docs have more details.

Gilgamesh_48
5 hours ago, JasonNalley said:

I think I found the answer in another thread under the Trakt plugin section, my trakt may be locked.  I've reached out to them.  It would be nice if there were some indication of this in Emby telling us that Trakt locked the account.  Apparently Trakt has given information about this in their github: https://github.com/trakt/api-help/issues/228

Under "What Updates does my app need?"
Your app will need to handle the 423 HTTP status code and should instruct the user to contact Trakt support so we can fix their account. The API docs have more details.

Unless you need the "premium" features all you need to do is create a new Trakt account when Trakt misbehaves. ( I have gone through about four Trakt accounts since this problem reared its ugly head. I am thinking that Trakt does not really care much and Emby's Trakt implementation is not reliable.
It could well be that Trakt and Emby's Trakt implementation are just not compatible and will never work correctly together. Trakt blames Emby and Emby blames Trakt it is a case of finger pointing without ever having the "proper affixing of the blame" seems all either side is interested in.

I only need Trakt to keep the watched status synced between two servers and I am thinking of investigating other ways to do that. I do not really "need" the syncing as I can, if my primary server fails, just mark what is watched manually on the second server.
I am not even sure there is a need for me to sync the two servers as I am the only user.

JasonNalley

@LukeI was directed by Trakt to this github: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/trakt/issues/20  

I see you're already involved in it, however, I also notice that you seem to be stating that it's because people have scheduled tasks running multiple times per day.   My Sync to trakt was set to run once a day at midnight, with no other scheduled tasks, and this was only because new content would not get added regularly.  I have since removed the scheduled task and will keep you updated with whether or not my account gets locked.  According to the guy at Trakt though, it feels like a real possibility I will get locked again, despite not have any scheduled tasks, as the main sync is generating duplicates, not just the scheduled tasks... 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I think there's a chance this might be improved in the 4.8 beta server if you'd like to try that.