Installer not working

pmac

pmac

I've been having some small issues with ET lately, so I decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it, but for some reason the installer just seems to get stuck at the downloading stage, with the progress bar showing 0% (just empty). If I cancel the installation process and then try to open setup.exe again, I just get two prompts to allow it to run (the first one for "setup.exe" and the second prompt for an emby theater installer file, of which I can't remember the name), and then nothing happens. I can't get the usual emby downloader to appear again without restarting my PC.

I've tried redownloading the installer twice, and restarted my PC, but still can't get it to install.

Any tips? or is the current installer broken? I believe it said it was v3.0.19

pmac

Okay, so this is strange. After closing out of the installer and giving up until I received a reply here I was just browsing the web and ET randomly just popped up on my screen and appears to be working fine now; despite the fact that I closed the installer and had no running apps. It seems that the installer continued running in the background somehow without my knowledge. That's a new one for me...

pmac

Off-topic, but I'd just like to add that one of the reasons I uninstalled in the first place was due to the fact that every time I'd ALT-F4 out of ET I'd get a runtime error due to windowstate.json, so I decided to delete the file after reinstalling Emby Theater, but now for some reason when I close ET, the windowstate.json seems to be saving the window state as 720p:

{"x":320,"y":180,"width":1280,"height":720,"state":"Fullscreen"}

Is this normal behavior? My desktop is set to 1920x1080.

7 hours ago, pmac said:

Off-topic, but I'd just like to add that one of the reasons I uninstalled in the first place was due to the fact that every time I'd ALT-F4 out of ET I'd get a runtime error due to windowstate.json, so I decided to delete the file after reinstalling Emby Theater, but now for some reason when I close ET, the windowstate.json seems to be saving the window state as 720p:

{"x":320,"y":180,"width":1280,"height":720,"state":"Fullscreen"}

Is this normal behavior? My desktop is set to 1920x1080.

It doesn't really matter what those values are because as you can see, the last state is fullscreen. if you come out of fullscreen, then those values will be used.