Some stuff from Musicbee

dee101
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

dee101

Hi! I'm currently using Musicbee for my music needs on my PC but I do really like Emby, I paid for the lifetime subscription as it's perfect for playing my videos. I'd like to use it to play my music on my tablet and phone. The things I'd like that could take me away from Musicbee are: able to add songs to a playlist (move files between playlists, or even folders), a quick refresh button (I edit songs on my harddrive and when I'm back in the server or Emby theatre, I have to left click the folder and scan the files again - it's too many clicks lol,  skip a song(s) in a playlist, lyrics display, show 5 star-ratings, auto playlists of songs star rated like songs with 4 stars, 2 stars etc, able to add own comments to music files. I'm still trying to find my way around Emby so if I'm missing any of these things, let me know! Are there any plans to add any of the above? Thank you!

able to add songs to a playlist

Hi, we already support adding songs to playlists using Emby apps.

a quick refresh button (I edit songs on my harddrive and when I'm back in the server or Emby theatre, I have to left click the folder and scan the files again - it's too many clicks lol,

If you go to Emby library setup, you can do it in one click there via Scan All Libraries.

lyrics display

Emby already supports lyrics display. Do you have lyrics?

skip a song(s)

This is already supported.

dee101

Hi Luke! Thank you for replying! 
I'm trying to figure these out, I apologise :)
* Adding songs to playlists: which Emby app?
* Quick refresh - I see it now. Thank you!
* Lyrics - some songs have lyrics that show up in Musicbee, but I don't see them anywhere in Emby. Which app or device does this when the song plays?
* Skip song - It's already supported? I don't know where that is, sorry. When a playlist is loaded or when songs are queued, I might change my mind which song I want to listen to next so how can I skip it?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help!👍🏾

* Adding songs to playlists: which Emby app?

Should be in pretty much every app by now, in the context menus (right click, long press, etc).

* Lyrics

Most apps support this now. Have you explored the controls on the now playing screen?

* Skip song 

have you explored the play queue on the now playing screen?

Happy2Play

Are the lyrics with your tracks?  embedded or lrc file

image.png

dee101

I've been using Emby Theatre mostly on PC for music, these features, they don't work so well in it, I think. On the tablet, I see the 'adding songs to playlist' which is what I wanted but to move songs, I'd have to delete from one and add to another. It's okay, I'll work around that.
There is no 'Skip song', there's a 'Remove song', is that what you mean? I don't want to always remove a song from a playlist, just skip it at that moment because I may not be in the mood to hear it lol.  
Lyrics, I see it on the browser playlist, but it doesn't show up on theatre or on the tablet. Is there another desktop app I can use that is not theatre and seperate from the browser?

dee101
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Are the lyrics with your tracks?  embedded or lrc file

image.png

Some are embedded as I added them via Musicbee.

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, dee101 said:

Lyrics, I see it on the browser playlist, but it doesn't show up on theatre or on the tablet

I see lyrics in ET app store and ET Desktop versions.

image.thumb.png.2e31497c2afe9a6b9157aa6eb09f008f.png

But specifics are needed.

18 minutes ago, dee101 said:

I've been using Emby Theatre mostly on PC for music, these features, they don't work so well in it, I think.

You have might the app set to TV display mode, in which case the user interface is optimized for a remote control. If your primary input method is a mouse then try changing the display mode to desktop.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Always forget display mode.

But yes if Auto is defaulting to TV mode or is selected you may have to change modes.  App Settings-Display-Display mode

dee101

Ah, the display is on Auto. I've changed it to Desktop. Thanks! There are still some songs that I know I added lyrics to that don't display them, but I see them on songs I didn't add them to, so I don't know what's going on there lol. Oh, and I didn't know there were two different theatre versions, I had the desktop version so I've now installed the Store app version, which I think looks better. I'll test them both out. Thanks so much for all your help so far, guys!

There are still some songs that I know I added lyrics to that don't display them, but I see them on songs I didn't add them to, so I don't know what's going on there

Can you please go over specific examples? It probably comes down to file naming. Thanks.

dee101
41 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you please go over specific examples? It probably comes down to file naming. Thanks.

Okay, I think I worked it out. 
So when lyrics are displayed in Musicbee, they're downloaded from a database, I don't know which one, you can save the lyrics to folder or embed them into the file and save. Some show up in Emby, some don't. Some that I didn't add lyrics to show up in Emby, but I'm now thinking they were already added to the file. I can see them in theatre and the browser, but I can't scroll in browser, the lyrics are just like a backdrop in the background, I can't scroll down, but I can in theatre. 

• Solution
Happy2Play

Sounds like you are referring to unsynced lyrics but should still be able to scroll synced/unsynced.  

Edge browser

image.thumb.png.02906b507262ed3144ea0df5311efa36.png

dee101
23 hours ago, Luke said:

Which ones don't?

There are too many to count lol

The screenshot that @Happy2Play showed is what it looked like without the scroll on the right hand side. I'm making sure to embed the lyrics to the file now they show up and I can scroll down in theatre especially, which I prefer to the browser. Thank you so much for your help, guys! 

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, dee101 said:

The screenshot that @Happy2Play showed is what it looked like without the scroll on the right hand side. I'm making sure to embed the lyrics to the file now they show up and I can scroll down in theatre especially, which I prefer to the browser. Thank you so much for your help, guys! 

What browser and version number?

dee101
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

What browser and version number?

Microsoft Edge Version 110.0.0 1587.63, 64bit

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, dee101 said:

Microsoft Edge Version 110.0.0 1587.63, 64bit

Not sure then as that is what is pictured above.

19 hours ago, dee101 said:

How are the files named?