Guide/m3u randomly not downloading

gillmacca01

gillmacca01

I don't think this is an Emby issue, but was hoping someone could take a look at the log and see if they can see what's going on.

I'm using an iptv service, and using a mixture of the iptv guide and Emby's guide.

Currently when it works Emby refreshes the guide in just over 2 hrs (I currently have a lot of channels that I cannot filter due to this issue)

Randomly the guide is refreshed within 30 secs and when that happens, I generally cannot play any channels until a full refresh is done - I cannot filter or customize any channels as they get reset when this issue happens

I have attached the log. Refresh guide happens around 07:47

embyserver.txt

hi, it looks like both your m3u and guide provider urls are returning 403 forbidden responses here.

gillmacca01

That's strange. It will work one minute, but not the next.

I've spoken to my IPTV provider, and they say there is no reason for getting a 403 error, as there are no issues there end and my credentials are active.

If they are correct, do you have any idea what could be causing it?

Could entering a http header resolve this?

Edited by gillmacca01
More info

On 3/5/2023 at 1:50 PM, gillmacca01 said:

and they say there is no reason for getting a 403 error,

My guess would be an over connection limit situation there.  If it were a pure authentication failure, I would expect it to be a 401.

gillmacca01

If that is the case, then I'm guessing there is nothing I can really do about it?

gillmacca01

I have it set every 4 hrs, but have tried once a day and still get the same issue randomly 

Do you really need to refresh it that much? They might be blocking you over number of requests. Try setting it back to 24 hours, then give it a full day and re-evaluate.

Also if you're behind a VPN, try turning that off as that could also cause this. Please let me know if that helps. Thanks.

gillmacca01

I'm pretty sure it happened when I downloaded once a day l, but will try again. Only download every 4 hours, as the provider only gives 24 hrs of guide data